Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London to Athens: 15 July 2009

16 Oct 2008 Tazzy said

Tazzy
Hey all,

I'm looking at going on the London to Athens Contiki Departing on thet 15th July next year (I know, ages away - I just can't wait!)

I am 23 and live in Wellington, New Zeland.... hoping to meet some others who might be going on the same trip as I'm traveling alone, looking forward to meeting great people from all over the world
  • 30 Nov 2008 Tazzy said

Tazzy

So I’m all booked in and deposit paid Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> It’s official, and going to RAWK!

Anyone else signed on for this yet?

• 14 Dec 2008 Lucy said

Default_avatar

hi tazzy

i just put my deposit on for this trip today. im so excited! ill be 20 on the trip, from melbourne, australia. are you doing the greek island hopping too?

has anyone else signed up for this trip?

• 21 Dec 2008 Tazzy said

Tazzy

Hey there!
    That’s awesome, so there are 2 of us so far, from the forums anyway Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m not doing the Greek Islands, am going to stay one extra night in Athens then fly home from there.

I’m spending a week in Melbourne on my way to London actually, hehe. When do you fly?

T

• 10 Jan 2009 Lucy said

Default_avatar

im flying out on about the 10th july i think so will spend a few days in london before the tour starts as i really want to do a bit of sightseeing. when are you planning on getting there? staying at the hotel (cant remember the name…national maybe?) before hand?

Lucy

• 6 Feb 2009 Tazzy said

Tazzy

I get to London on the 9th July I think it is, I’ve got a friend there I’m going to stay with which will be great!

Apparently there are big drinks the night before the contiki leaves so we can all get to know each other so I’ll be there for that Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I can’t wait!

Hopefully more people from our tour jump on board the forums so we can get to know each other. Do you have facebook? Feel free to add me miss.tazzy@gmail.com

• 23 Mar 2009 Tiffany Bishop said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am booking the London to Athens w/ Greek Islands tomorrow. I am 24 from Texas and will be traveling alone. I am planning to arrive in London on the 10th or 11th and will be staying at the National until the tour starts. I’m on Facebook tiffanyabishop@hotmail.com.

• 26 Mar 2009 sian86 said

Default_avatar

I’ve just booked my seat on this tour.. very excited!

I’ll be travelling with Erin, 20 and my sister Ceri, 18 (who is currently working in the UK). We’re all from Sydney, Australia. I’m 22.

Sian Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Mar 2009 Tazzy said

Tazzy

Heyya Sian,

YAY Welcome!
    So that’s 6 of us so far – all girls? It’s going to be so much fun!

3 months, 2 weeks and 1 day to go (according to my ticker hehe). Has anyone done any tours before? (I see you did Egypt Tiffany?)

• 20 Apr 2009 oz said

Default_avatar

Hi All
    I will be joining you all on this tour. My name is Osman , 24 from Melbourne, i have just booked and payed for my tickets to London

Arrive on 11th July at London
    15th July – 4 th Aug – London to Athens

Looking forward to it.

Cheers
    oz

• 23 Apr 2009 Tazzy said

Tazzy

Hey there Oz,

Yay another on board,
    It’s going to be a great few weeks!
    Done anything like this before?

Anyone on here keen to go to the Moulin Rouge in Paris first night?

T

• 4 May 2009 sian86 said

Default_avatar

Erin and I are flying in a little early (July 7) so we have a week in London and to catch up with my sister. We’ll probably have to stay at the Royal national the night before (because it’s easier) so hopefully we’ll meet other tour people!

Still not sure what optionals we’re going to do! Moulin Rouge sounds fun though!

• 6 May 2009 oz said

Default_avatar

Hi Tazzy,

I have done fair bit of traveling before, however this is my first contiki tour.
    I got few mates in UK and Greece , Looking forward to it. Not long to go

Just hope this stupid swine flu does not get to Europe. I am thinking of extending my stay in Greece once the tour ends.

Moulin Rouge sounds like a good plan

Who here is from Melbourne ?

quote:
    Originally posted by Tazzy:
    Hey there Oz,

Yay another on board,
    It’s going to be a great few weeks!
    Done anything like this before?

Anyone on here keen to go to the Moulin Rouge in Paris first night?

T

• 13 May 2009 sian86 said

Default_avatar

Well, according to the website our tour is fully booked! I paid up today and am so excited! Just wish the royal national was a little cheaper.. pretty expensive for backpacker accomodation..?? We might just stay at a nearby hostel the night before instead. Are you all staying there?

Hey Oz – I’ve also travelled a bit before but am really looking forward to the French Riviera/Monaco and Greece as I didnt get to fit them into my last trip! Whats your plans after the tour ends? We’re staying in Greece for a week after the trip (looking at Ios for a few fun nights) before heading up to north Europe and back to the UK in time for V Festival.

We’re all Sydney girls Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 May 2009 oz said

Default_avatar

Hi sian

I am yet to book my accommodation in London , arriving on the 11th July . will have to sort accommodation very soon . I did browse around. A decent room is around 90 – 100 GBP per night .

i have mate who works for Sofitel which is a part of Accor group of hotels and he is going to get a discounted rate.

I managed to take off 8 weeks off work which was a mission . My plans are to head to Dubai, U.A.E for 4 weeks once the tour ends to meet family and back in Melbourne on the 1st September.

Yes the tour looks like fully booked i paid a month ago , yet to receive contiki paperwork

• 18 May 2009 said

Default_avatar

Hello. I am also booked on the London to Rome/Athens tour. My sister, brother and I will be arriving in London on the 8th. If anyone is looking for accommodation I have stayed at a hostel called picadilly backpackers which I like and am staying in again for our stay in London. Can’t wait for the tour to start.

• 21 May 2009 NZguy said

NZguy

whats up everyone! from New Zealand doing this trip and its going to be awesome! its all on th profile bt will be with another gappie – a girl from sydney – getting into london th day before we leave . . should be a v.rowdy time Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> – what/where is this drinks th night before we leave? Sounds a good idea..

Was in Paris over easter but didnt get to Moulin rouge so definitely be up for that!
    Afterwards will be doing a greek islands trip for 3 Weeks with busabout – taking on Mykonos, Paros, Ios and Santorini if anyone is doing that or doing greece? Will c ya in a few weeks!

• 21 May 2009 Tazzy said

Tazzy

Hey all!
    WOW that’s awesome news that the tour is fully booked out! I’m getting really excited indeed

So all keen for Moulin Rouge we’ll probally have to book it in prior to going I imagine. I already have tickets booked from a trip I had planned for last year so I’m happy to give one of my seats away cheaper for first virtual hand

I’m looking at accommodation at the moment, my workmate said the Royal National was pretty run-down when she was there last but they might have been awhile ago

The Generator Hostel looks pretty good, and only about 20 GPB a night – Nice and central. Where is everyone else staying?

Totally keen for drinks the night before – will be great to get to meet everyone.

• 22 May 2009 oz said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    i have been busy with work and yet to book accommodation. Will be booking over the weekend

on another note, the Aussie $$ is getting better and hope stays stable in JULY.

• 22 May 2009 NZguy said

NZguy

Yip drinks would be an awesome way to catchup before it – better than doing in while we are busing it to Paris! Where should it happen?

When we’ve gone to London for weekends we’ve stayed at Smart Russel Square – v.close to an underground station and close to leicester square area which has given some massive nights out Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> ! I think when we booked ahead it was like £11 a night ? . . its all new and with common room + computers etc and was clean ha so not bad and recommended!

Yip where have other ppl booked in for London for the night before? Not long to go and looking fwd to this!

• 9 Jun 2009 Tazzy said

Tazzy

Okay totally have to book my accommodation today, it’s coming up so fast I’m amped! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ll check out the Smart Russel Square place too , ah, NZGuy (don’t know your name sorry) lol. Sounds nice and cheap!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.