Community_discussions_small  

Comment

cough medicine - Robitussin

30 Mar 2008 island said

Default_avatar
i know the 'contiki cough' thing has been done to death, and the general agreement is to get enough sleep, take multi-vitamins, especially leading up to the trip, and to bring lots of cold and flu tablets.
but i want to specifically know whether i can bring my Robitussin with me to europe. i know codeine is illegal in Greece (i'm going there), and i'm assuming there are bans on psuedoephedrine all around, but Robitussin contains bromhexide hydrochloride instead of psuedoephedrine, so will that be ok? i really need it, and was wondering if i should try to get a letter from my doctor, even though it's not a perscription medicine?
  • 30 Mar 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Don’t know about whats aloud ect other than as you mentioned codine is a nono in Greece. You might try calling a travel agent or a travel medicine doctor should know. If you take it as carry on it has to be under 3 oz or you have to declare it. Or you can just put it in your check in luggage. I took all kinds of stuff into greece and had no problems they were more interested in my electronics. Just make sure its 3 oz or less if carry on or else in your check in but I’d think you should be ok they sell stuff similar over there too.

• 31 Mar 2008 said

Default_avatar

You will need to check the ingredients list with the Embassy for each country you intend to go to. All countries have different regulations in regards to importation of therapeutic goods and if it is a restricted import a Doctor’s letter or script may not suffice. You will also need to check the amount which you are allowed to take in as again this differs between countries. It won’t matter that it’s not a prescription medicine in your country if it is a prohibited import elsewhere.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion