Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY (leaving 6th of June 2013)

5 Sep 2012 Antoinette asked

Antoinette

Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this tour in June next year?

This Will be my first trip overseas.

Antoinette

• Read the responses 23 responses so far
  • 23 Oct 2012 Marney said

Marney

Hi Antoinette! I’m thinking of doing the same tour. Nothing booked yet though. Will be my first Coniki. It looks like so much fun!!! :-)

• 23 Oct 2012 Antoinette said

Antoinette

Hi! How are you doing? This will be my first trip overseas and my first contiki tour. I am really looking forward to be doing it. i am doing the grand Northern aswell from New York. I will be getting to LA a few days early.

• 23 Oct 2012 Marney said

Marney

I’m good thanks how are you? Woohoo that’s extra exciting then!!! Ah that will be so good! I am going in my uni holidays so won’t have enough time to do both but I would love to do the Grand Northern too. Ah cool. I was looking at getting to LA maybe on the 3rd or 4th and a week in New York afterwards. Cannot wait for NYC!!! Are you travelling solo?

• 23 Oct 2012 Antoinette said

Antoinette

Im good!
    I was thinking of getting to LA on the 3rd aswell.
    Yes i am travelling
    The Grand Southern tour will be 4 days later so i will be stay in NY for the few day before my next tour

• 24 Oct 2012 Marney said

Marney

Ah sweet. Will be good to have some time to see LA and New York too :-). I’ll be travelling with one of my friends if she can get work off but if not I’d say I’ll be solo too. Hopefully June comes around quickly!!!

• 26 Dec 2012 Chris_Per said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys
    I have booked this tour as well, Am doing this tour then spending a week in NYC before doing Canada and the Rockies with Calgary Stampede. I did Grand Northern and New York Uncovered in 2012 and absolutely had a blast. Looking forward to Grand Southern this year.

Cheers
    Chris

• 2 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hey I have booked up to do this tour as well.

• 2 Feb 2013 Antoinette said

Antoinette

When will you be arriving LA

• 2 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

I arrive on the 4th June

• 3 Feb 2013 Antoinette said

Antoinette

Same as me. Are going to be staying at Doubletree by Hilton Downtown LA

• 3 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Yip i seen pictures of this hotel and it looks great. How long will you be staying in New York at the end?

Antoinette

I will be in New York for 4 days Im doing the New York Uncovered.
    Are you planning on doing anything before your tour in LA

• 3 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Haven’t planned anything out just really want to see the place wat about you?

Antoinette

Im staying 4day and i am doing the NY uncovered tour
    Are you doing anything in LA before the tour

• 3 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

I haven’t planned anything yet just really want to see the place what about you?

Antoinette

No i haven’t but would like to go Santa Monica pier for a while and the next day would like to do a little tour Hollywood and Beverly Hills

• 3 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Yeah i’d defo go see Hollywood and Beverly Hills no sure what else. We should defo meet on the 4th meaning neither of us are on our own.

Antoinette

My plane doesnt land until 10.30am so i am not sure what i will get to the hotel

• 3 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Good point, i never actually thought of that. I get to LA at about 5pm and will prob go to sleep

Antoinette

I think we should just arrange time to meet if we are going to be in the same hotel

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 4 years

This question was posted about almost 5 years ago. It has been discussed 23 times.

4 people are following this discussion.

• Marney
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Antoinette

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.