Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Barcelona vs. Rome

5 Dec 2007 chicagoemmy said

Default_avatar
How in the world do you ever decide which trip to take? I'm taking my first trip to Europe in June and I'm having the hardest time deciding which trip to take.

For people that have been to both Barcelona and Rome, if you had to pick between the two, which would you say was a better visit? I'm leaning towards Rome, but not sure.

I'm also not sure if I want to do Budget or Superior. I hate bugs and creatures so I was wondering if there are lots of them in the cabins? Also, going in June, is heat a big factor when you're trying to fall asleep? Is it true that Contiki provides sleeping bags to the US travelers?

How about Corfu? Is going on the 30 day Panorama worth the extra cost as opposed to just going on the shorter Vista, Impressions, or Inspiration?

Sorry for so many questions! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
  • 5 Dec 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

IMHO, take the longest trip possible.

Rome vs Barcelona? can’t really do that – like telling a parent to chose the favorite child.

If you like creature comforts, the go w/ a Superior tour.

Corfu is a perfect midway stop to rest and relax before charging thru the last 1/2 of the tour. George’s boat is a tour highlight.

- Vic

• 5 Dec 2007 Gina said

Default_avatar

Barcelona versus Rome, that’s a hard one since I’ve been to both.

Although they are both beautiful cities, I would choose Rome especially if it’s your first trip to Europe. The coliseum is one of the top 10 places visited by people around the world and it’s located in Rome. There is so much to see….it’s like a country on it’s own.

As for the weather, very warm in both cities!!!!!

If you do decide to do the superior, the hotel in Rome is nice, nothing extravagant. The good thing is that you have AC and if you decide to stay extra days after your tour, the hotel is not expensive and near a metro station!!!

I hope that my advice was helpfull!!!!

Good luck!!!!

• 5 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    One thing about sleeping bags. I had heard that people get bags if they are from Canada but this is not true!!!

Nicky

• 6 Dec 2007 Gina said

Default_avatar

Sweety…go to Rome…and choose Superior since their is not mcuh difference in price!!!!

Praha…how you doing paisan????

• 7 Dec 2007 Gina said

Default_avatar

Ciao Praha,

In fatti non ti sei sbagliatto!!!!!!!!!!!

Parlo l’italiano e anche il dialetto….ha ha ha !!!!

A presto!!!!!

• 10 Dec 2007 SomethingShiny said

SomethingShiny

I loved both! All depends what kind of history you’re more interested in. In Barcelona you see Gaudi (as someone mentioned), lots of Picasso, gothic cathedrals. Great cheap shopping, beautiful beach and good nightlife. In Rome it’s more ancient history with the ruins, Colosseum, and cobblestone streets. Or you can go on a tour that does both! (Mediterranean Highlights!)

• 13 Dec 2007 Erin C said

Default_avatar

DONT FORGET THE COLOSSEUM IN WINTER SHUTS AT 3.30PM OUR TOUR GUIDE MIXED UP THE TIMES AND WE MISSED OUT

DONT GET CAUGHT

• 13 Dec 2007 Gina said

Default_avatar

Don’t buy your entrance ticket to the Colloseum at the Colloseum entrance since you will wait a long time in line. Next to it, their are ruins with a garden, you have to pay to enter the garden and the same ticket is good for the entrace to the colleseum!!!!1

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion