Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Panorama-Has anyone done it/going in 2013

6 Sep 2012 Hollie! asked

Hollie!

I am going with a friend in August 2013. We are both from Western Australia.

Anyone who has done it could you please give me some advice on;
-spending money (how much to take, what are the prices for like over there? e.g. food, drinks, clothes etc
- what to pack (thing you wish you took but didnt, things you took that you didnt use etc)
- Activities (the best ones to do)
- Bus (whats it like, is it comfty etc)
- people (how was the group, age ranges, tour managers etc)

Hope someone can help me! im soooooo excited!

• 10 Sep 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

-budget for 75-100 EU/day and you’ll be fine
    -I went in June and it was hot/humid, but it’ll be hotter in August, so the obvious summer clothes. bring one long sleeve shirt/hoodie as it tends to get cold on the bus
    -do all the optionals. I didn’t do the Mozart concert because it just isn’t my thing and the Amsterdam bike ride was cancelled because of rain. my fav ones were the white water rafting in the austrian tyrol, the bungee jump in the swiss alps, and the winter sports on mt. titlus. the optional suppers are a must since it saves you from trying to find a place to eat and they’re a great way to get to know your tour mates. some optionals also lead to free alcohol, so that’s a plus!
    -bus was great, ours was brand new. could get cold due to the A/C being on though
    -we had a great group as pretty much everyone got along. I have to go to Australia now since I made so many friends from there. Saying goodbye to everyone on the last day will be really, really hard! Ages ranged from 18 to 32, while most were mid to late 20s. tour manager was great and very knowledgeable although he did tend to play favourites and even though I was one of them, I found it somewhat unfair for some people

• 11 Sep 2012 Hollie! said

Hollie!

Hi! Thanks heaps for your response!
    geeez 75-100 euros a day haha i was budgetting for 200-250 euros a day, just because i have never been overseas so i dont know whats there, the cost of things and what im gonna be spending money on!
    I defs want to do the bungee jumping, did you see the moulin rouge in Paris??
    How many people were on your tour? What accommodation did you do? We’ve chosen all the hotels, if you did also what were they like?

• 11 Sep 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

ya, 200 is way too much. I budgeted for 100 and still had a lot of money left over. I spent enough money, but definitely didn’t go overboard.

I did do Moulin Rouge. It was out first group outing together and it was pretty good. Afterwards your TM will probably take you to a Contiki favourite bar (O’Sullivan’s) where he’ll teach you how to do a Strawpedo (this was a wild friggin night there). I won that drinking contest and got a free shot as well as a lot of other free alcohol! haha

There was 42 people on my tour. I signed up for the double-accommodation, but since there was an odd number of guys, I was the lucky one to get upgraded to a single. Every hotel was great except for two of them. The one in Nice (French Riviera) was pretty ghetto and in a pretty bad part of town. And, while the view is amazing, the Contiki Village in Corfu wasnt the best since a few of us had an infestation of ants in our rooms.

• 11 Sep 2012 Hollie! said

Hollie!

haha, i will defs redo my budget then!
    your making me so excited for my trip! but i have a long wait haha!

is there anything you took but never used? or something you wish you took??

• 11 Sep 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

no, not really. I read a few things on what I should bring and packed accordingly

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.