Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Europe in Winter

6 Dec 2008 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar
Hey all. I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but am I going to have a blast in Europe in Winter?

I've done Europe twice in Summer (all of the party islands etc.) and I loved it, and some of you may have read my Whirl review and blog which I have posted on the forums somewhere.

I am planning to do a Contiki at the end of next year (Dec 09) and just wanted to know if it's just as "fun". Is it so cold that the nightlife dies down? I understand it won't be as "electric" as summer, but I'm a bit of a party boy and love to hit the town at night (doesn't everyone!?)

Also, I want to do a tour that has me spending NYE in either Amsterdam or Berlin. Anyone been in those cities on NYE that can share some light on what it's like? I hear Amsterdam is one of the best places in the world to spend NYE.

Thanks in advance to all that can reply! Big Grin
  • 6 Dec 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

“fun” is all in how you define it. If you go in with a negative attitude you probably won’t have a good time. But if you go in with an open mind and decide you are going to have fun no matter what then you will have fun. Think of it as going to a ski resort with out the skiing.

Think of it as having an express pass through the lines and not being elbow to elbow in sweaty tourists in long hot lines.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion