Community_discussions_small  

Question

Malaysia Airlines? What are they like?

11 Sep 2012 Explorer~1987 asked

Explorer~1987

Hi! I'm heading to Japan in April then doing the Vietnam experience. I would like to know if Malaysia Airlines is a good airline to use.. I have only ever used QANTAS but they are way to expensive. Is there any other airlines i could try. It's hard when i have to get to Brisbane and alot of international airlines only go to Sydney & Melbourne.

• 30 Nov 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Pretty Good.I am not sure if out of Brisbane You have to Overnight in Kuala Lumpur though.Best Legroom in Economy and Excellent Service.Sucks though now if you are Frequent Flyers with Virgin Australia You can’t get miles with Malaysia Airlines anymore.

• 6 Jan 2013 Explorer1228154 said

Default_avatar

Excellent for the price. I flew with them to London and back last year. Great service. Seats get very uncomfortable after a while but you get that with any airline when you’re on a 20+ hour flight. Good legroom though (more room than Qantas IMO). You can usually get pretty short stopovers in Kuala Lumpur too (like 2-3 hours in some cases).

• 19 Mar 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

I am heading back again to Vietnam at the end of the year(Non Contiki though due to Age)and am flying on Malaysia Airlines.It was scheduling that drew me to them out of Adelaide.There’s no over night stop in KL involved and getting there all in one day which is a bonus.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.