Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Weather

27 Nov 2010 Tpain89 said

Tpain89
Hi guys
It's my first contiki ever and im super super super excited. But i was wondering what the weather is like in europe at the beginning of april. I'm from queensland australia so anyone that knows what the weather is like there could you tell me how to pack THANKX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 28 Nov 2010 GEM said

GEM

Hi Tpain89, I’m also going to be in Europe then (from end of March to middle of May.) I have spent a lot of time thinking about this too! I’m pretty sure it’ll be colder than QLD, I’m guessing it will be (hopefully) a lot like NZ’s spring so my plan is to take a little of everything, you can alway layer things up. Anyone else that has been please let me know if I’m right!

• 28 Nov 2010 Tpain89 said

Tpain89

Awww awesome yeah i am so excited. I am hoping its not gonna be to cold as baggage doesnt really permit lots of clothing LOL. But yeah just thinking of layering is the best bet probly a couple of scarves as well would do the trick thanks for your help are you going over there for a tour or just a trip

• 1 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez

Hi there,

The weather is fairly mild depending on where you are going. Places like London, Paris, Germany & Austria will be cold but only like tracksuit top/vest and jeans cold Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    Switzerland will be among the coldest and probably the only place you might need a jacket. More Southern places like Spain, Greece & Italy will be T-shirt weather in the day and a light top at night.
    So basically, be prepared for some cold, but nothing unbearable by any means.

• 1 Dec 2010 GEM said

GEM

I’m heading on the Ultimate Eurpoean + Egypt at the end of March.

• 2 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez

Egypt will be hot in March!

• 5 Dec 2010 GEM said

GEM

Yes, it makes it harder to pack because I’ll need clothing for cold to mild temps PLUS clothing that’s light enough for the heat of the desert!

• 6 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez
    quote:
    Ultimate Eurpoean

Yours is a 45 day trip right? DAMN that is pretty hectic. Ok firstly there are opportunities where you can do laundry, so make use of those and secondly, Don’t pack heavy clothing like Jackets ect. I went To Switzerland and Austria (which are probably the coldest countries on your tour) in April, and a vest and tracksuit top was fine.

The majority of your travel, Spain, Greece, Italy, Turkey & Egypt will be nice weather Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion