Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Banking Abroad With No FEES!

13 Sep 2012 Nikki said

Nikki

I just found this, and as a Canadian, who banks with Scotia, it is a big relief to see that I can travel abroad, and as long as I use one of the affilliate banks, that means no fees for me. Success!

Members of Bank of America (USA), Barclays (United Kingdom), BNP Paribas (France), China Construction Bank (China), Deutsche Bank (Germany), Scotiabank (Canada) and Westpac (Australia and New Zealand) can use each others ATMs without being charged transaction fees.

Hope this helps everyone.

• 14 Sep 2012 Zoe said

Zoe

Whoo! Finally a benefit of being a Westpac bank member! haha

• 6 Jan 2013 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

There is a Barclays right at Russell Square.

• 10 Feb 2013 Mitch said

Mitch

Does anyone here know if there is a similar thing with ANZ?

• 10 Feb 2013 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

Any bank in the Global Alliance can use each others ATMs. The Australian Bank is called Westpac http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/services/overseas-services/using-atms-overseas/

• 18 Mar 2013 Richard said

Richard

I find that the product from GE Money 28 Degrees is pretty much the only card me and all my mates use when travelling.

We dont have to worry about which ATM’s are partnered etc… there’s just no fees whatsoever on both cash withdrawals and credit transactions!..

LOL i hope i dont come across as a salesman. IM NOT! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion