For Canadians: Global No-Fee Chequing Acct From Citizen's Bank
27 Jun 2009 Curtis71 said
Want no fees? Got no fees
Our Global Chequing Account is a new no-fee, easy to use account with no ATM fees worldwide*. At other banks, you may pay as much as $5 per transaction when you use your ATM card outside the country. With a Global Chequing Account, that fee is zero.
This account offers all the benefits of a regular chequing account, but with none of the extra charges.
the Global Chequing Account saves you money with:
* no fees for Canadian, US or international ATM withdrawals*
* no monthly fees or minimum balances
* no fees for debit card purchases in Canada or US
* no fees for direct deposits, account transfers, balance inquiries, bill payments and pre-authorized payments
* no fees for cheque books or cheque images that have cleared your account
* convenient 24-hour web or phone access to your bank account
* withdrawal and deposit services through over 2,500 ATMs across Canada
* free paperless record keeping online or free paper statements
* interest calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly
* overdraft protection of $1,000 available upon qualification
* see the latest Schedule of Service Charges
Though I wouldn't be changing all my banking over to Citizen's just yet for the following reasons:
1. *Citizens Bank does not charge for ATM withdrawals worldwide but local ATM providers may impose a surcharge. In Canada, look for the over 2,500 EXCHANGE® or ACCULINK® ATMs to avoid the ATM surcharge.
(The EXCHANGE network is not widely spread.)
2. Their online banking interface is reportedly very poor.
- 0 people like this
- Add to discussion 0 comments so far
Want to respond to this comment? You need to be signed in as a Contiki.com Community member first.