Community_discussions_small  

Comment

For Canadians: Global No-Fee Chequing Acct From Citizen's Bank

27 Jun 2009 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
I came across this on another forum and I thought it would be well received in here:<BR><BR><a href="https://www.citizensbank.ca/Personal/Products/BankAccounts/GlobalChequing/" target="_blank">https://www.citizensbank.ca/Pe...unts/GlobalChequing/</a><BR><BR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BR>Want no fees? Got no fees<BR><BR>Our Global Chequing Account is a new no-fee, easy to use account with no ATM fees worldwide*. At other banks, you may pay as much as $5 per transaction when you use your ATM card outside the country. With a Global Chequing Account, that fee is zero.<BR><BR>This account offers all the benefits of a regular chequing account, but with none of the extra charges.<BR><BR>the Global Chequing Account saves you money with:<BR><BR> * no fees for Canadian, US or international ATM withdrawals*<BR> * no monthly fees or minimum balances<BR> * no fees for debit card purchases in Canada or US<BR> * no fees for direct deposits, account transfers, balance inquiries, bill payments and pre-authorized payments<BR> * no fees for cheque books or cheque images that have cleared your account<BR><BR>additional features:<BR><BR> * convenient 24-hour web or phone access to your bank account<BR> * withdrawal and deposit services through over 2,500 ATMs across Canada<BR> * free paperless record keeping online or free paper statements<BR> * interest calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly<BR> * overdraft protection of $1,000 available upon qualification<BR> * see the latest Schedule of Service Charges<BR><BR> </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Though I wouldn't be changing all my banking over to Citizen's just yet for the following reasons:<BR><BR>1. *Citizens Bank does not charge for ATM withdrawals worldwide but local ATM providers may impose a surcharge. In Canada, look for the over 2,500 EXCHANGE® or ACCULINK® ATMs to avoid the ATM surcharge.<BR>(The EXCHANGE network is not widely spread.)<BR><BR>2. Their online banking interface is reportedly very poor.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.