Community_discussions_small  

Question

I have Some questions help please.

17 Sep 2012 Matt asked

Default_avatar

Me and my cousin are looking into going on a tour around Europe next year and are wondering when you stop of at different destinations can you spent those days you have there doing what you want or do you have to follow the itinerary which is given on the different tours. for example we arrive in Amsterdam for 3 days can we stay in Amsterdam and do what we want where we want and then meet up at on the last day then travel to our next Destination?

• 18 Sep 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

You can if you want, but if you do that, you’ll probably miss out on the free bus rides back to the hotel and/or the group outings that are planed (like supper and what not)

What happened on my tour in the cities that you’re in for 3 days, was on the first day you get there was a map orientation with your TM (suggesting what you might want to go see) and a quick bus tour. then the second day involved busing into the city, a walking tour with either your TM or another TM, then after that your TM will say “at so-and-so time at this location the bus will be here to bring you back to the hotel” and you’re free to go where ever you want in the city, but you don’t have to be there at that time to get back to the hotel, it’s just a much more convinient and cheaper option.

Contiki doesnt really have a set itinerary that you HAVE to follow, it’s just a suggestion

• 30 Sep 2012 Megan said

Megan

You could do it that way, but then what are you paying for? Contiki is all about the experience – it’s about traveling with like-minded people close in age so you get to make a ton of new friends while seeing some really cool places. It’s so fun to hang out with the group. I think that’s what makes Contiki different than other travel companies, honestly… I went solo on my last trip and left with a brand new group of friends! The tour manager organizes all sorts of cool outings and dinners and whatnot, and they’re optional of course, but it’d really be a shame to miss out on all of that. It’s up to you, it’s your money and your trip, just giving my opinion.

• 30 Sep 2012 Megan said

Megan

double post.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.