Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European + Greek island August 2013?

18 Sep 2012 kira92 asked

kira92

Anyone planning on going on the ultimate European + greek island in august?

• 4 Mar 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Nice. Melbourne :) how’s the decision making comin along!?

• 15 Mar 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

i have just booked the ultimate european with greek island – august 21st! has anyone chosen to do that one?

• 16 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Hi Kira, I am still indecisive :-P but I have 99.9% confirmed in my head that I want to do this tour with the Egypt option haha I think I have missed out on your tour date now :-( but now looking at the 21st.

Rachel, are you going solo or with a friend? I am really considering going on that date. Just need to get off my arse and book :-P

• 16 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Awesome. Melbourne :) you travelling before or after the tour at all?

• 16 Apr 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

I’m traveling solo, you should definitely do the 21st if you’ve missed out on the other date. We have a Facebook group going and the couple of people I’ve met are all awesome! When and if you book, the link to the group is on our meet up page.

• 16 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

I think I posted my last comment on wrong discussion. Whops
    But yes the 18th is now booked out.. :(
    Just book it :) best time to go don’t wanna go too much later cos I think it gets colder?
    Are you travelling after the tour??

• 17 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Yeah, I mostly haven’t booked because I am working out other travel details as well so want to make sure I get all the timing right. Sounds good Rachel! I am going solo as well.
    Yeah it will start getting quite cold come November.

I am hoping to travel both before and after just not sure on finances and plans exactly yet. I have family all over the UK so I think before the trip I will spend time with them. After the tour I really want to go to Ireland (Im obsessed with an Irish accent haha) and would love to do places like Russia as well (if my finances stretch haha). I am open to ideas as well though; especially if others plan to go places as its always better travelling with people. How about yourself?

• 17 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeah I’ve been asking everyone about there travel plans afterwards. Everyone seems to be doing other travel before and I have book only a week after the tour. If love to do to Ireland just because of there accents also!! Love them! Have a friend from there though and she says there’s not a whole lot to do there so I’m gonna bother. Thinking I might just stay in London for the week!

NMayhew

Yeah I didn’t think there would be much to do in Ireland so I will probably only do a couple of days. I just want to experience it (might as well when I am already over in the UK I figure).
    Staying just to do a week in the London afterwards will still be good. There is so much to do and experience generally so it would be worth it. A good detox after a long trip before returning to reality!! haha

• 17 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeh true will be good to go to :)
    Yeh I’m now wishing I would stay longer, but flights ate all booked now haha

NMayhew

haha damn flights :-P

On a separate note – how much spending money are you aiming for (separate to the optional costs)? I’m not sure what I should be aiming for lol

• 18 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Minus the options costs people have been saying around 100-120euro per day so that’s something like $4500 pretty sure but I don’t plan to spend that money everyday but then will probably apend more other days. I’m taking $10grand But that’s for my week in London also.hoping I do come home with some though.

• 19 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Yeah I’ve heard the 100 euro thing. The trip is about 6.5 weeks so I am aiming for $1K a week to play with on Contiki I figured and then anymore I will hopefully be able to go to Ireland as well. Yes I would love to come home with some as well. Would be nice :-P
    I should hopefully be booking this weekend. YAY!! I think I might change to the Greek Islands though lol

• 14 May 2013 Sabel&Elanie said

Sabel&Elanie

Hey,

rachaelnhunt –- I blieve we will be on the same trip, Aug 19th for the Ultimate European. But the tour actually starts on the 21st right??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 1 year

This question was posted about over 2 years ago. It has been discussed 34 times.

9 people are following this discussion.

• kira92
  • D'arc1993
  • victoria89
  • lauren11
  • Kolli91
  • NMayhew
  • rachaelnhunt
  • Jess
  • Sabel&Elanie

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.