Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European + Greek island August 2013?

18 Sep 2012 kira92 asked

kira92

Anyone planning on going on the ultimate European + greek island in august?

• 4 Mar 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Nice. Melbourne :) how’s the decision making comin along!?

• 15 Mar 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

i have just booked the ultimate european with greek island – august 21st! has anyone chosen to do that one?

• 16 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Hi Kira, I am still indecisive :-P but I have 99.9% confirmed in my head that I want to do this tour with the Egypt option haha I think I have missed out on your tour date now :-( but now looking at the 21st.

Rachel, are you going solo or with a friend? I am really considering going on that date. Just need to get off my arse and book :-P

• 16 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Awesome. Melbourne :) you travelling before or after the tour at all?

• 16 Apr 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

I’m traveling solo, you should definitely do the 21st if you’ve missed out on the other date. We have a Facebook group going and the couple of people I’ve met are all awesome! When and if you book, the link to the group is on our meet up page.

• 16 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

I think I posted my last comment on wrong discussion. Whops
    But yes the 18th is now booked out.. :(
    Just book it :) best time to go don’t wanna go too much later cos I think it gets colder?
    Are you travelling after the tour??

• 17 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Yeah, I mostly haven’t booked because I am working out other travel details as well so want to make sure I get all the timing right. Sounds good Rachel! I am going solo as well.
    Yeah it will start getting quite cold come November.

I am hoping to travel both before and after just not sure on finances and plans exactly yet. I have family all over the UK so I think before the trip I will spend time with them. After the tour I really want to go to Ireland (Im obsessed with an Irish accent haha) and would love to do places like Russia as well (if my finances stretch haha). I am open to ideas as well though; especially if others plan to go places as its always better travelling with people. How about yourself?

• 17 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeah I’ve been asking everyone about there travel plans afterwards. Everyone seems to be doing other travel before and I have book only a week after the tour. If love to do to Ireland just because of there accents also!! Love them! Have a friend from there though and she says there’s not a whole lot to do there so I’m gonna bother. Thinking I might just stay in London for the week!

NMayhew

Yeah I didn’t think there would be much to do in Ireland so I will probably only do a couple of days. I just want to experience it (might as well when I am already over in the UK I figure).
    Staying just to do a week in the London afterwards will still be good. There is so much to do and experience generally so it would be worth it. A good detox after a long trip before returning to reality!! haha

• 17 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeh true will be good to go to :)
    Yeh I’m now wishing I would stay longer, but flights ate all booked now haha

NMayhew

haha damn flights :-P

On a separate note – how much spending money are you aiming for (separate to the optional costs)? I’m not sure what I should be aiming for lol

• 18 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Minus the options costs people have been saying around 100-120euro per day so that’s something like $4500 pretty sure but I don’t plan to spend that money everyday but then will probably apend more other days. I’m taking $10grand But that’s for my week in London also.hoping I do come home with some though.

• 19 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Yeah I’ve heard the 100 euro thing. The trip is about 6.5 weeks so I am aiming for $1K a week to play with on Contiki I figured and then anymore I will hopefully be able to go to Ireland as well. Yes I would love to come home with some as well. Would be nice :-P
    I should hopefully be booking this weekend. YAY!! I think I might change to the Greek Islands though lol

• 14 May 2013 Sabel&Elanie said

Sabel&Elanie

Hey,

rachaelnhunt –- I blieve we will be on the same trip, Aug 19th for the Ultimate European. But the tour actually starts on the 21st right??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.