Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA - LA start - SEP/OCT 2013??

19 Sep 2012 Miss J asked

Miss J

Hi guys -

I'm new to all this! Literally just signed up!

Im looking to go on the Best of USA (LA start) next year, I'm thinking September or October. I know this is a fair way away but this gives me time to save up $$ for all the optional extras I KNOW I'll want to do and flights and spending money etc etc

Is anyone else looking to do this tour around that time?? Or has anyone done this tour who has any insight they wish to share?

Thanks guys!!

• 19 Sep 2012 emz12 said

emz12

hey there :)
    i am looking at doing this tour when im 21 which will be in 2014 so i have heaps of time to start saving.
    i have read reviews for this tour and it looks amazing :)
    i am going on my first contiki to new zealand so that should be good :) next year i am looking at doing the greek island hopping tour which also looks really good.
    have you booked anything for this tour yet?

• 21 Sep 2012 Miss J said

Miss J

Hi there,

Nah I haven’t booked anything as of yet but was hoping to soon – the earlier i book the more $$ I save so I can put that towards flights.

I’m dying to do this tour though!!! Seriously can’t wait!!
    I know its a year away but I just thought I’d try and see if anyone else was looking at going on this tour at the same time. I’m looking to add on the LA Explorer tour on top of this one just so I get a few extra days to do some things in LA – like an extra day at Disney Land etc and maybe a couple of days at the end of the tour in New York – but didn’t want to do it on my own hehe

• 23 Sep 2012 Danielle said

Danielle

Hi there, my partner and I are booked in for Grand Southern tour departing October 24th next year. We had the exact same reason for booking so early, more $$$ to be saved. We’ve been to Los Angeles before and LOVED it so we can’t wait to go back and explore some more. Good to see we’re not the only ones looking so far ahead :)

• 1 Oct 2012 Ash said

Ash

I’ve booked this tour for September 16th next year! I can’t wait for it and because I’ve paid for it already I saved heaps of money :)

• 14 Oct 2012 Natalie123 said

Natalie123

Hi guys, Im also looking to do this tour in September! Plenty of time to save up! Its nice to get to know people before going. Is anyone travelling solo?? where is everybody from? :)

• 17 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, i recently did the best of USA tour, it was incredible! the best experience ever and met so many great people on the tour. if you have any questions about the tour id be happy to answer them :)

• 19 Oct 2012 shonna said

shonna

Hi Guys,

Im doing the BEST OF THE USA in 28 days wooppp cant wait. it cost me about 6k in total for the Tour itself, flights, pre & post accomodation 2nights in LA & 2 nights in NYC, transfers, and optional extras like Grand Canyon helicopter tour and a few others and I am taking 6k for spending money. So in total about 11K in total for around 3 weeks in USA with a awesome amount of spending money. When I get back I will post a review for you guys to read if you like?

Hope this helps!

• 19 Oct 2012 shonna said

shonna

Hey Nr992,
    Spill your experience, love to hear all about it as I am going in 28 days YAY!

• 19 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

your going to love it! wow $6000 is plenty of spending money. I took $3000 which was just enough. Its good that your staying 2 nights before and after the tour, especially in LA cause theres not really any free time if you so universal and disneyland. definately do the star homes tour and madame tussauds, and at the same time you can check out Hollywood blvd :) it’s a very full on trip but you do get free time as well. some highlights for me were the sunset cruise is san fran, that was amazing, in vegas they take you to a rooftop bar at the palms hotel which was the best view ever! the first night in new york they take you Times Square to take photos which is really fun. are you staying at the contiki hotel before and after or somewhere else?

• 19 Oct 2012 Natalie123 said

Natalie123

Hey Nr992
    that sounds amazing!! could i ask you a few questions?? :) im not sure weather to get my own room or share… from your experience what would you reccommend? what was the san francisco hotel like?? (hotel whitcomb)? Ive heard some bad reviews which have worried me a little!! :/ and also, was there a big mix of travellers? many from england?

• 19 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

Hey Natalie, its up to you if you want your own room or share, unfortunately I got roomed with a girl i didnt get along with so I asked my tour guide to swap which I did and i was happy. Most people are happy with who they get roomed with though. Hotel whit comb is the worst out of the 4 you stay at. Its got a very creepy vibe to it, some people had there rooms in the staircase but made the hotel change their room cause who wants a room in the creepy staircase?! Its close by to some good shopping spots though.
    With my group pretty much everyone was from australia and id say about 80% were girls. Theres a bit range in ages though which is good.

• 22 Oct 2012 Natalie123 said

Natalie123

Thanks so much for your help Nr992 :) X

• 22 Oct 2012 Natalie123 said

Natalie123

Ps did many people have their own room on the tour? And if so were they left out? I like my own space but dont want to exclude myself

• 22 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

there was only one person who paid for their own room im pretty sure. it would cost heaps to have your own room id say your better off sharing

• 25 Oct 2012 david22 said

Default_avatar

Las vegas is the best place in USA to visit.there are many places and beaches are to visit.If you want cheap flights to Las Vegas from London UK visit http://www.dearflight.co.uk/cheap-flights/london-lon/las-vegas-las.aspx. its give the the discount flight for senior citizen and also provide the best flights with discounts for honeymoon trip.

• 14 Jan 2013 Jayde:) said

Jayde:)

Have booked for sept 16th , add on facebook if you want :) https://www.facebook.com/#!/jayde.mccallie

• 21 Feb 2013 Lauren & Bryce said

Lauren & Bryce

I have booked for the 14th October and can’t wait!

• 22 Feb 2013 Sally said

Sally

Hi me and two friends are going on this tour 14th October going to be amazing

• 22 Feb 2013 Sally said

Sally

Hi me and two friends are going on this tour 14th October going to be amazing

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.