Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and the Nile 22-29 December 2012 - Anyone?

21 Sep 2012 Ree asked

Ree

Hey i wanted to start a thread to see if anyone is looking at the Egypt & the Nile in late December. It would be great to know whom shall be going to Egypt from around the world, and anything others were thinking about going.

• 26 Sep 2012 CDiTore said

CDiTore

I’m going from December 27th 2012- January 5th 2013!

• 7 Oct 2012 KristiG17 said

KristiG17

2 of us just signed up for 22 December.
    We’ll be staying in Cairo afterwards through New Years.

• 19 Oct 2012 Cherry said

Default_avatar

Im booked for the 28th!

• 29 Oct 2012 Ree said

Ree

Kristi see you there ;)

• 29 Oct 2012 Ree said

Ree

P.s we can chat more with the other travellers in our group on the contiki meetups of the getconnected section.

• 6 Nov 2012 Dave_1988 said

Dave_1988

Hi Guys, i just signed up for the december trip from the 22nd to the 29th. Very excited :). Look forward to meeting y’all.

• 9 Nov 2012 Arlette said

Arlette

Hi I’m also signed up for dec 22-29!! very excited.

• 10 Nov 2012 Ree said

Ree

Hi arlette, yes i am excited too, i look forward to seeing you there. I am just uncertain about the weather in egypt. Some ppl r saying to me that i should dress a little warm as the nights in certain places may get a tad chilly, but generally its not too cold in the day apart from inside the pyramids.

• 16 Nov 2012 moz456 said

moz456

I just signed up for this last night. Picked up a brochure Wednesday night, looked at it Thursday lunchtime, decided and booked it after work. Probably haven’t put much thought into it, definately didn’t consider my bank account, but it will be fun!

I’ve no idea how this meetups thing works!

Cheers
    Matt

• 16 Nov 2012 Arlette said

Arlette

Hi Ree. nice to meet u. i think you should take some warm clothes cuz it’s like desert weather, hot in the day, cool at night. just to be safe u know. it’ll be a great trip. excited to meet everyone. cheers!

Hi Matt, welcome to the group. it might have put a strain on your budget now, but you won’t regret later. i’m sure!!!

• 19 Nov 2012 Chang said

Chang

Do you guys feel safe about going to Egypt? I’m concerned about the political instability and possible danger.

• 20 Nov 2012 Arlette said

Arlette

i’m trusting Contiki- if they don’t cancel the trip, then that means we can go with no problem. Oh goodness let’s hope they don’t cancel, i would be totally bummed!

• 20 Nov 2012 moz456 said

moz456

Thanks Arlette, I wont regret a thing!

As for the dangers, we’ll be fine, there are no travel warnings for the areas where we are going. There are some warnings for the Sinai region of Egypt but we aren’t near there. We’ll be okay.

• 20 Nov 2012 Ree said

Ree

Cool, I guess with every trip comes an element of risk. I am sure if there is a protest and we move away from the area we should be fine. I do not think any travellers have been affected in the areas we are going to.

• 20 Nov 2012 Ree said

Ree

@ moz, i am new to the meetup thing as well. I have set it up on my online contiki profile and on a mobile app. Online you go to ’GET CONNECTED" / “MEETUPS” and then create a meetup on your profile with your contiki booking reference code and your tour details (it was something similar on the mobile app), but easy to follow the steps. There are 5 of us in the meetup so far. We can chat there or here even. Let me know if you come right?

• 25 Nov 2012 moz456 said

moz456

Yeah, I worked it out!

Is anyone arriving into Cairo one or two days before?

• 25 Nov 2012 Arlette said

Arlette

hey matt. i am arriving one day before on friday, dec 21 in the evening.

• 28 Nov 2012 moz456 said

moz456

Awesome! I’ll see you there/then!

• 28 Nov 2012 Dave_1988 said

Dave_1988

Hey everyone, not long now get excited!

Do any of the Euro folk know if we have to get an adaptor or does egypt take the same plugs as europe? Online there seems to be a lot of argument of two pin round vs flat.

Thanks

• 29 Nov 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

It’s a bit risky everyone but I suppose It’s too late to find an alternative under the circumstances.You might if willing to pay the difference and can get on at the last minute get a European Tour and a changeover in flight fees.For the Australians/New Zealand Lot See if you can get a cheaper Asian Tour as a last minute option.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.