Community_discussions_small  

Question

Euro Experience, Inspiration or Vista? May 13

23 Sep 2012 Jess asked

Jess

Hey everyone! I’m planning a solo trip in May/June next year and am having a lot of trouble deciding between these 3 trips, all between 19-21 days which I think would be good.

* European Experience: 3 special stopovers, but doesn’t stop in Prague or Berlin and has only 1 night in Munich (Germany is on my must-see list)
* European Inspiration: 2 nights in every city, stops in both Berlin and Munich but doesn’t stop in Austria (also on my must-see list)
* European Vista: 2 feature hotels, stops in all my must-sees except Berlin, but has 4 stops of only 1 night.

If anyone’s been on these tours or is thinking about them for next year any help would be great! Thank you in advance!

• 24 Sep 2012 LoJones6 said

LoJones6

Hey girl! I am having the same problem trying to find which trip to take, probably lookin like May of 2013 as well. I was really interested in the experience trip, but have definitely found some tempting others. The Experience seems to cover most of where I want to go, really looking forward to the two day stays in Italy.

• 24 Sep 2012 Jess said

Jess

Hey, I know it’s so hard, a lot of them are very similar. I just want to decide on one and book it so I can start getting excited properly! I feel a few late nights studying the Contiki brochure coming on! Let me know what you decide :)

• 25 Sep 2012 Peter said

Default_avatar

European Inspiration is the go I would have to say!
    2 nights in every city including Berlin and Munich which is must as I definitely want to go to Germany
    Im thinking of booking for the June 30 trip, let me know what you end up deciding :)

• 25 Sep 2012 Jess said

Jess

Hey Peter! I think Austria is too high on my must-see list to miss out on it by doing the Inspiration. The European Escapade has caught my eye but! It doesn’t go to Berlin but has 3 special stops, including 4 nights in Austria. It goes everywhere I want to see plus Barcelona and seems awesome value for 25 days! You should check it out :) I just don’t know if 25 days is too long. Oh so many choices!!

• 25 Sep 2012 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess! Both trips look awesome :)
    I was thinking of around 25 days in total. 2-3 days before hand in London then the 19 day tour then 2-3 back when you get back to London. I was thinking of heading to Ashes Cricket Test Match at Lords either on Day 1 or Day 2 after the trip finishes
    Have you got any exact dates you were looking to do the tour or just sometime in May or June?

• 25 Sep 2012 Jess said

Jess

Yeah I was thinking of a similar plan. With work 6 weeks away would be the absolute maximum, so I’m also thinking of having a few days, then the tour then maybe a week afterwards. I want to do the tour pretty much straight up though as it’s my first big trip solo. The cricket should fit in nicely with your trip! No exact dates in mind yet. Just have May/June in mind so it’s not too hot anywhere I go and still avoids school holidays :)

• 9 Oct 2012 Peter said

Default_avatar

Sounds awesome :)
    My uni exam period finishes second last week of June next year, could chance I’ll book a trip with a start date shortly after that!

• 12 Jan 2013 JusteenM said

JusteenM

We (young couple from Canada) are doing European Vista on May 16, 2013! Super excited!!

• 20 Jan 2013 Adam said

Adam

Have had to change orignial booking of March To the May 16th tour, exciting times..

• 20 Jan 2013 Jess said

Jess

Everyone’s plans sound great :) After all that I’ve decided on just a 9 day contiki, the London & Paris + Amsterdam tour, then I’m spending another 6 or so weeks on my own! Good luck with your plans everyone!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.