Community_discussions_small  

Question

Greece Optional Tours and Questions

25 Sep 2012 Nicole8K asked

Nicole8K

1. Does anyone have suggestions on which additional tours to add and what islands would you suggest relaxing on the beach?
2. How was the cruise ship? Was it overly crowded?
3. Suggestions on packing?

• 4 Oct 2012 Tristan said

Default_avatar

Hey Nicole, I went on the Golden Fleece Tour which was the 7 day cruise. Depending on what tours you do, the only good amount of time we found to relax on a beach was in Rhodes. The beach is nice and you can do water sports as well. There’s also a place to do cheap washing as the ship is a bit expensive.

I did tours to Lindos on Rhodes and Oia village on Santorini. You can do optional tours on Crete and Patmos, but I didn’t do those. On Mykonos you might have time to hit the beach, but probably only the beach in the main town. The tours are organised by the cruise ship and some are pretty expensive compared to if you organised it yourself. I also did the Greek Island Hopping before doing the Golden Fleece and the volcano tour on Santorini was only 15 euros compared to the cruise ship price of 57. But your tour manager will help with ideas on what to do.

The cruise ship we had was pretty good. Decent food and the drinks package is definitely worth it. I think it was about 22 euros a day and you can drink as much as you want of anything, cocktails, shots, beer, wine etc.

Hope this helps.
    Tristan

• 20 Nov 2012 Nykky said

Nykky

I did the 7 day cruise also and did the full package. It was under $400 euro (I beleive it was about 365) to do it all. It ended up that you got 3 excursions free.

Website for the excursions: http://www.louiscruises.com/images/stories/pdf/2012/Louis-Cristal/Greece-Turkey/ENGLISH.pdf

Highlights of Istanbul – with Lunch : This was fun and you got to do alot, I found it was worth it. The Bosphorus cruise was so much fun!

Ephesus & the House of the Virgin Mary : I did both (I was the only one on my cruise to do both). I enjoyed both so much. You cannot take picture in the house though. If you do it make sure to to write a special wish or prayer on a peice a paper to put in the prayer wall.

St. John’s Monastery & Grotto of Apocalypse : I also enjoyed these very much. You cannot take pictures inside either. But they are both amazing to look at and very peaceful.

Delos Apollo Sanctuary : I enjoyed it but it was super hot and you are standing in the sun for a long time. If you are not a fan of ruins then this won’t be for you. The tour guide we had was the best I had on my whole Europe trip, she was very educational but not boring.

Rhodes & Lindos: Their was a strike this day so we couldn’t see the Acropolis. Still did the tour though and it was a waste of money. Majority of us slept on the long bus ride

Knossos Palace : This was very boring. I walked off on this tour and did my own thing and then went and waited for the bus. Not worth it

Excursion to Oia – Wish we had longer. Amazing to see all the white and blue homes. Well worth it (It sounds funny but here in Canada we have this Greek yogurt commercial that I get excited when it comes on cause you see Oia)

With all these tours they gave you a free foot massage. I didn’t have enough time to use gift certificate as with all these tours I barely had time to do much. But I don’t regret it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion