Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is anyone going on the outback adventure 11/11/12?

25 Sep 2012 AlisaG asked

AlisaG

• 29 Oct 2012 abbeyr said

abbeyr

yeah, my first Contiki ‘stephyrenny’ lol (cute)… well, if I don’t turn up you can vouch for me. Is this your first? are you also a Contikivirgin? (that was funny in my head) ;-/
    I have been to Bali before, but only for work, so I am so excited to do what I want and not to inspect any hotels. yaay noooo hotel inspections! so good. I’m staying down in Uluwatu at this secluded cliff boutique hotel. just spa and beach. my suite is dug out of the cliff! AMAZING.

• 29 Oct 2012 meganp said

meganp

i’m from sydney too, flying up on the 10th so we might be on the same flight?

• 29 Oct 2012 stephyrenny said

stephyrenny

haha thanks :-P i went on a ski contiki last year to new zealand- so much fun! that place in bali sounds incredible, i will have to keep it in mind if i ever get to go there :-) i am pretty sure i will be off to vietnam next though! i finally finished uni this year so i will be traveling as much as i can :-)

hi megan :-) i booked qantas leaving sydney at 9:50am. is that your flight too?

abbeyr

Oooh that would have been fun! Christchurch has the best partying… aaah good memories. ;-) i’ll show you the place in Bali on the tour… it’s so cheap too… my friend and I are paying $60 each per night.

;-) instead of having a GAP year, you should have a few GAP year’s’ that sounds better… muuuch better

I should have done that, now I only get 4 weeks a year. :( :( damn

stephyrenny

ohhh i went after the earthquake happened, so christchurch CBD was all fenced off :-( but queenstown was amazing! haha yup i plan on taking a few years off :-) plus i can’t do much with my degree without further study anyways and i am just over assignments lol. what do you do in hotels? i just quit my job at one…

abbeyr

ooops I meant Queenstown. lol I have NO IDEA why but I always get them mixed up. sigh…

I work in travel, so yeah, i inspect hotels and all that. which is a great job, cause you see some amazing places, but when you are up to your fifth hotel and the sun is shining and the beach is calling, it’s a little depressing… but then again it beats the desk (which is where i’m sitting now :() ……… again, damn. lol

Which hotel did you work at?

• 29 Oct 2012 AlisaG said

AlisaG

Can’t you guys just message each other? I get an email notification everytime you send a message to one another

abbeyr

sorry…… :)

There is an option to not receive notifications, but I’ll make a new discussion board anyway. :-) :-) :-)

stephyrenny

hi alisa. nice to meet you… sorry about the notifications but you’re welcome to join the conversation :-)

• 31 Oct 2012 Melita said

Melita

I’m thinking of joining, If I can take work off. Is any one doing any of the Me time options though? And it would be my first time going, where does everyone meet?

• 31 Oct 2012 stephyrenny said

stephyrenny

hello melita :-) if you book through a travel agent they will help you book your pre accommodation (for the 10th), which is where we will meet the tour leader and group the next day when the tour begins :-) and I am only going to do one or two of the optional activities.

• 8 Nov 2012 Anique said

Anique

Three days to go!! I’m so excited!!

• 8 Nov 2012 stephyrenny said

stephyrenny

yup me too, it’s going to be fun!!!

• 9 Nov 2012 kj83 said

Default_avatar

WOOHOO!!! I’m now officially on holiday,Thirteen days off,eleven of which are away from poo Melbourne weather,wish me good luck for delay free flights I don’t want to miss even a second of the fun,I’m leaving on the 11th and should just make the tour time,if not I’ll catch you guys up.see you all there,happy and safe flights.

• 9 Nov 2012 Anique said

Anique

I’m leaving Melbourne on the 11th too .. my flight gets in to ALice at 11am.. hoping no delays as well!! Cannot wait!! :)

• 9 Nov 2012 stephyrenny said

stephyrenny

meet you all on sunday!!! travel safely :-)

• 9 Nov 2012 abbeyr said

abbeyr

@Anique @kj83 I am leaving from Melbourne too on the 11th, did you want to meet at check-in and sit with each other? :)

Also we can all share a Taxi when we get to ASP, i think that would be the quickest way to the hotel. and cheap if shared between 3! :-)

• 10 Nov 2012 gillianhw said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, anyone flying from Sydney getting in at 11:30? I wasn’t sent any info from my travel agent so I don’t even know what hotel we’re supposed to be going to!! Don’t know what I thought I’d do on arriving at ASP! See you all tomorrow!

• 10 Nov 2012 abbeyr said

abbeyr

waaah? that’s horrible! (we are not all like that)

Okay so you need to take a taxi to the ‘Alice Springs Oasis Hotel (Ibis Group)’ we are meant to meet there at 12pm. The taxi should only take about 15mins, but you need to get you bags so I wouldn’t waste any time at the airport. you’ll be fine though :)

Enjoy your flight tomorrow :) see you then! xx

• 29 Nov 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

how was this tour? When I head to Australia in a few years to visit my friends I met on my last Contiki, I was thinking of doing this tour since none of them live in the Outback area

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.