Community_discussions_small  

Question

Kiwiana Panorama (Auck-Christchurch) 06-21 DEC

26 Sep 2012 photobuddy asked

photobuddy

Hey,

Anyone else doing this tour?

Im travelling solo, abit nervous, but looking forward to the adventure....

Was going to stay in the Mercure, but its fully booked, so staying at the Nomads instead...

• 4 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Hey, Im actually looking at booking this tour over the next few days :) I also will be travelling solo :) Never been to NZ nor on a Contiki tour, so feeling a little nervous, but excited :) Spur of the moment holiday, as just given some holidays from work so havent looked into book much accomodation just yet! Are you just flying into Auckland the day before?

• 4 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Hey,
    I think we both are abit nervous travelling on our own. Im flying into Auckland from Sydney the nigth before. The tour starts at the Mecure hotel, but its fully booked so ive had to book accommodation else where. So i’ll be arriving into Auckland at 2pm..

Where abouts your from?

• 5 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Hey, I’m from Sydney :) Flying from Sydney to Auckland on the 5th, getting in around 1pm. Did you try and book the Mecure through Contkiki? I’m awaiting confirmation, but if its booked out, where are you staying?

• 5 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Im staying at a place called nomads. Managed to get myself a single room, which was pretty lucky.
    Tried to book the Mecure thru contiki, but apparently it was fully booked.
    Then i’ll get a taxi or summit to transfer me to the other hotel the next morning..
    Who you flying with?

• 6 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Ok. Im still awaiting confirmation, but it doesnt seem as though i will get a booking!!! How long are you hanging around NZ after the tour finishes? Im staying another night after the tour ends somewhere in Christchurch (Contiki is organising it). Im flying with Quantas from Sydney to Auckland and with Air NZ home. Just went with the cheapest tickets i could get as with the time of year flights were starting to get expensive!! Yourself?

• 6 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Are you waiting confirmation on your tour or hotel?

Im going straight up to Wellington after the tour ends as my friend lives there. But then im staying in Sydney for 3 weeks afterwards… I’ll be in sydney from the 1st Dec.

Im flying with Air Nz, Jetstar and Emirates to Sydney…

• 6 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

The hotel, tour is all confirmed :) :)

• 6 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Ah well, thats something exciting to look forward to.. well i may or may not see at the Nomads if you dont get into the other one… You excited about the trip?

• 6 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

I’m really excited :) Such a spur of the moment booking so I don’t think it has all sunk in just yet :) How about yourself? Your from the UK right? Where else you been in Australia?

• 6 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

If I don’t get a room at the Mecure, I will definitely look at Nomads!!

• 7 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Yeah, im from Birmingham in the UK. Its bascially in the middle of the UK. Never been to OZ before, my best friend lives in Sydney, so im going to spend some time there with her, as it’ll be her holidays and i also have a friend who lives in Wellington NZ.
    Well dont be surprised if you dont get the Mecure, just letting you know now… Where abouts from Oz you from?

• 7 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

This tour looks awesome I’m going solo to.Pretty excited for all the adventure sports that can be done.I’m staying at mercure night before. Photobuddy you are obivously into photography right? Everyone says it so scenic over there cant wait to witness it with my own eyes.

photobuddy

This is very true…. when are you getting into Auckland? the night before?

Yeah im looking forward to taking a few pictures… The adventure sports all look pretty cool, but i know someone who did the sea kyaking, and they said it was great, so i really want to do that…

Are you doing any more tours?

Reschie

yeah I fly in on the 5th Dec arrive at 5.50pm from Sydney.
    Sea kayaking looks fun definately keen on that. Might do skydiving again and bungee jumping. There some swing thing aswell that looks fun. Just doing the this tour gotta get back home for xmas then head up to Airlie beach for NYE. This tour looked the most fun and a good time length. How long you heading out to N.Z/Australia for?

• 7 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

I’m from Sydney :) Where are you from Reschie? Airlie Beach for NYE would be amazing. So keen on the adventure sports and activities :) Have you been to NZ before? My friend did the ‘bungee swing’, she said it was pretty good :)

photobuddy

Are you staying at the Mecure? I’m arriving on the 5th aslo, but staying somewhere different.

I arrive in syndey in November, but heading up to Cairns and wont be back til the beginning of Dec.
    Going to be scuba diving the Great Barrier reef, should be amazing!!!

I head back to Sydney for xmas and NY, then head to Dubai, 14th Jan…

• 7 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

The Great Barrier Reef is unbelievable :) Loved every minute of it.

Reschie

Hi Naomi I’m from the northern beaches,where u from? Ive only been to Queenstown for a week snowboarding that was a while ago now. So much adventure sports to do around there I’m excited and pumped for it. :)

Photobuddy I’m staying at the Mercure night b4. Scuba diving on barrier reef would be awesome havent done it yet. I have my padi open water licence though. You have an awesome exciting trip planned :)

Reschie

I have created an event on facebook for this tour.
    Just look up Kiwiana Panorama (Auck-Christchurch) 06-21 DEC and it should pop up :)

photobuddy

Hey, couldnt find it on facebook, it only directed me to Contiki own website.

Yeah im really looking forward to scuba diving, should me amazing!!! as you can imagine there isnt exactly many sunny and hot places to visit in the uk!! I think bungee jumping, sky diving and defo on the plan!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.