Community_discussions_small  

Question

Kiwiana Panorama (Auck-Christchurch) 06-21 DEC

26 Sep 2012 photobuddy asked

photobuddy

Hey,

Anyone else doing this tour?

Im travelling solo, abit nervous, but looking forward to the adventure....

Was going to stay in the Mercure, but its fully booked, so staying at the Nomads instead...

• 7 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

Try this link below.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/288524327930475/?fref=ts

• 7 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Same, I couldn’t find the event either! This is my 1st Contiki, do people normally create events through the Contiki Facebook page maybe?

• 8 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Hey Reschie, Im currently living in Coogee, work at the hospital in Randwick. Never been to NZ before so pretty excited, plus its been a last minute booking which mean less time to hang around waiting for the trip :-)

I just got my confirmation this morning and my accomodation for the night before at the mercure is booked. Thats a bummer about not being able to get accomodation there photobuddy :-(

Aslo i tried to join the group on facebook and cant seem to find it, not sure if you have to be invited to events or not.

• 8 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

Yeah I have done contiki’s in the past in europe. Not sure about the contiki page.
    All booked awesome naomi :) I see you joined the event on FB also. Just another way to talk to people on our tour I thought.

• 8 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

59 days :)

• 8 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

Yep under 2 months bring it :)

• 8 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

I need sun..!!!

• 12 Oct 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Hey guys!! how are ya? My names Kelly (KJ). Im also on this tour with yall. Im traveling solo as well but my friend i met on my europe contiki is meeting me out in auckland for the your as well. were both from the states. were doing an aussie tour right after this one!

• 16 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Not long now!!!

• 16 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

I’m good….This year has flown by….It was 32 degrees in Sydney yesterday so I think its going to be a hot summer!

• 17 Oct 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

Well I’m from south Florida so it’s always hot here so if its a little chilly I wouldn’t mind haha

• 17 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Well currently in the uk, its 11 degrees and for a change it not raining!!! i think i’ll have alot of adapting to do!!!

• 18 Oct 2012 Reschie said

Reschie

7 weeks to go :)

• 28 Oct 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

39 days guys :-) Im getting pretty excited :-)
    @ Photobuddy, Hows your recent travels going?
    @ Kelly, what area of Aus are you traveling?

• 30 Oct 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

@ Naomi..Im doing the beaches and reefs tour with sailing so i believe its more of the east coast

• 30 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Currently just packing my bags!!! I fly out on Thursday and arrive in Sydney on Friday night. I know that when I’m in cairns it’s mostly going to be swimwear and stuff like that, but I know in NZ I have to pack a waterproof etc for the glacier, so I’m really trying to figure out what need for 3 trips!!! It’s starting to send me slightly crazy now!!!

How are the people (coming from USA and Canada) sorted for flights?!?!?

• 30 Oct 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

I have no idea really what to pack for either trips right now besides the basics lol so recommendations would be lovely! My flights from the state are okay. A few stops/lay overs not looking forward to it all lol

• 2 Nov 2012 James said

James

h

• 2 Nov 2012 James said

James

(lets try that again)

Hey guys, will be meeting you all on the tour! I’m doing the big tiki from 3rd-21st Dec but I think we all meet up on the 6th to start the main part of the travels. Also traveling solo and will be in Auckland on the 1st/2nd of december, so if anyone else is around would be great to catch up pre-tour.

• 7 Nov 2012 Naomi said

Naomi

Hey James,
    Sorry fly into Auckland on 5th ready to start the tour on the 6th :-) Where are you traveling from? Im traveling from Sydney so just a quick trip over the ditch :-) Getting pretty excited. Just got back from a trip to Perth just the other day, so now time to pack for NZ. Only a few more weeks left.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion