Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches and Reefs W/Sailing Crn-Syd 17-30 Nov

26 Sep 2012 photobuddy asked

photobuddy

Hey,

Im doing the Beaches and Reefs (Cairns - Sydney) with Sailing on November 17th - 30th

Anyone else doing it?

Will be in Cairns from the 11th, doing a Scuba diving course, which should be pretty cool..

• 8 Oct 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Hi! I am doing the Beaches and Reefs without the sailing option, but I’m guessing we’ll be in the same group anyway! I am looking forward to going to Australia.. I’m so excited!!!!

• 8 Oct 2012 photobuddy said

photobuddy

Im really excited, i’ll just be happy to escape the rubbish weather here in the UK…

When are you arriving in Cairns?

• 8 Oct 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Rubbish weather in the UK? No way!!! I love England so much… especially Cornwall!
    I don’t know why.. it must be the queen, or Kate Middleton, or the beatles.. it’s a magic country.. I’d move there immediately if only I could find a job there ;)

I’m arriving in Cairns on the 16th of November, around 12.00 am. Where are you staying in Cairns? In the hotel provided by contiki?

photobuddy

hahaha, yes i think you are romanticing the weather in the UK, its been totally crap, it has rained constantly for the last 4 days. and its constant grey rain…. Cornwall is lovely, i go every year, but this year was a complete wash out, hence needing some sun.. I went to Austria in August and was lovely…

I’ll be in Cairns from the 11th. Im doing a scuba diving course, which finishes on the 16th.

Im staying in the Rydges from the 16th.. Thats the hotel provided by Contiki

• 8 Oct 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

This year I couldn’t go on holiday due to huge amount of work.. and also I’ve been saving money for this trip to Australia… it’s an expansive country, isn’t it? I live in the italian speaking part of Switzerland and weather has been crap here as well.. always rainy and cloudy… So I really do need a holiday and of course, I need sun! :)

wow, a scuba diving course, sounds very cool! I envy you su much!

I’m staying in Rydges hotel as well on the 16th, so I’m sure we’ll meet up there! Are you travelling by yourself? It’s my first time in Australia… is it worthy?

photobuddy

Yes it is my first time to OZ… My best friend lives in Sydney so im going to stay with her for a while after the trip. I am travelling on my own, this is the first time ive ever done it, which is kinda scary. What about yourslef?

I loved Austria, would love to go back. Flew in Trieste and hired a car, then drove up to Salzburg. It was amazing, totally fell in love with Austria.

• 8 Oct 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Yes, I’m travelling by myself as well and it is terrifying… I figured out travelling was the best cure for a broken heart. My ex fiancé was an English (precisely Cornish) sailor and we broke up about 1 year ago and I’m starting to feel myself again. So I thought, why not give myself a new fresh start? Travelling, meeting people from all around the world, making new friendships and enjoying life as much as I can, this is what I intend to do.

• 3 Nov 2012 Elizabeth said

Default_avatar

Hi Nicole,

When are you going on the tour? I am ready to book the Beaches & Reef (Sydney) leaving Nov 29. Do you need a roommate for the trip?
  • 4 Nov 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Hey Elizabeth! Sorry I am not doing your tour.. I am doing the one that starts in Cairns on the 17th of November! Good luck with tour trip ;)

• 4 Nov 2012 Laura T said

Default_avatar

Hi Ladies …..

I’m also doing the tour in a few weeks time and will be in the Rydes from the 16th, i’m travelling up from Sydney in the morning. Really looking forward to it, but also a little scared, first time travelling alone but very much looking forward to getting away from work and rain. Look forward to meeting you? The pack mentioned a meet up at 5pm the night before so i’m sure we’ll all meet then :-)

Laura

P.S Serious issues now …. Suitcase or backpack! ?

• 4 Nov 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Hey Laura, looks like we’ll be doing the same trip. Am I wrong? You have the one with sailing included, but I think we’ll be travelling together anyway. I’m also travelling solo and I’m no longer scared as I talked to a few people doing the trip and they seem really nice people, I’m sure we’ll all get along very well and we’ll have a lot of fun together. Definately suitcase (a medium one).
    Where are you from?

• 11 Nov 2012 Ross jolley said

Ross jolley

Hi I’m on the tour as well, staying in Gilligan’s Backpackers on 16th – is anyone else?
    Do we have to go the meeting at 5pm at the Rydges on 16th? Also a little confused about the start time on 17th is it 7.00am or 2pm? Typical boy left everything to last minute!
    Ross

• 11 Nov 2012 Ross jolley said

Ross jolley

Hi, looking forward to this trip. Flying out of London Heathrow on wednesday evening arriving sydney early am Friday 16th then onto Cairns. Staying at Gilligans Backpacker Friday 16th – is anyone else staying there?

Ross

• 12 Nov 2012 Ross jolley said

Ross jolley

hello
    my names Ross ill be on your tour, be good to meet you all.
    looking forward to the sunshine!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion