Community_discussions_small  

Question

Greek Island Hopping - Summer 2013!!!

30 Sep 2012 Megan asked

Megan

This is for anybody going on Contiki's Greek Island Hopping tour in 2013!

I'm booked for July 4th. From what I've heard, this tour is epic & I can't wait!

Anyone else? What date are you going? :)

• 23 Oct 2012 miss sunbear said

miss sunbear

I think I’m definitely taking cold/flu medications with me. I really don’t want to be sick on tour lol. And drinking plenty watt will help too?:-) I’m so looking to book next week. It’s going to be a relief that ill finally book and meet up my fellow travel mate in the meet up room. Lol. Well I think I’ve got all the clothes I need for the holiday. So I won’t need to buy anything until thw trip hehe. Party!!!!!! Lol

• 23 Oct 2012 SW01 said

Default_avatar

Miss Sunbear I’m looking at doing the Simply Italy tour next year departing 9th June and will be going solo. Was looking at greek islands too. Decissions!

miss sunbear

Well I will sure be taking flu/cold meds with me then, I don’t want to get sick. Lol. I’m sure water wpuld help a bit too? I’ve already pretty much got my packing list done now except still trying to figure what bathes I should take. Lol. Are you taking bathes?

• 23 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

Yeah, drinking a lot of water will help and will also be good for the dehydration from all the alcohol haha. And yes absolutely because I plan to do a lot of laying out by the pool/getting in the water at the beach! I’ll probably take two cute ones so I can have some variety. Once you book, we can create a facebook group for our trip and people can (slowly) start to join in!

SW01 – you should totally do Greek Island Hopping! Everyone says it’s one of the best tours Contiki offers because the Greek Isles are just so incredibly beautiful (plus the parties there are epic). I can’t wait!

miss sunbear

Oh its so ever exciting. Facebook page too. Woop woop! Lol. I think ill end.up bring 3 bathes cos I have about ten to choose from though so ill make the finally decision past thing I reckon. Lol. Don’t forget a sarong or karfan. Just a throw over the bathes if u need too. Should I take a light beach bag too so it holds my beach gear for the beach? What do reckon?

SW01 – you should definitely do both tours like me!! Lol. I’m doing simply Italy from 23rd to 4th

miss sunbear

OOPS 23rd June to July 4th… Then fly over to Athens to start to Greek island hopping tour on the 4th July. You should so do it those dates so you’ll be doing the Greek hopping with both Megan and I:-) and of course the Italy tour with me:-D

• 23 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

That’s a good idea, I might take 3 as well…. it’d be nice to have more variety! But I’m definitely going to bring some sort of cover-up like a sarong. I actually have a little dress that would be perfect. Hmm, I think a small beach bag would be good to have! I’ll want to bring my camera with me to the beach and I’ll need a place to store my thongs and stuff while I’m in the water. That’s a really good idea, I’ll have to think about that one haha. I’m planning to take a ton of photos as well as some video clips so I can put together an awesome video of our trip once I get home! :)

• 24 Oct 2012 miss sunbear said

miss sunbear

Great thinking.. a small beach bag would be perfect. Are u taking a hat too or would you buy one while you’re in Greece? Awesome.. a video of the trip would be amazing. We are gonna have a blast in Greece lol. So much sun, water and beach!! I’ve heard the landscapes and sunsets are amazing in greece too. Should be magnificent. How much memory on the sim card wpuld u take and wpuld you take more than one sim card? In case you don’t lose the sim? :-)

• 24 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

I think I’ll just wait and buy a hat in Greece… maybe. I’ll only buy one if it looks good on me haha I think I have a weird shaped head or something because I usually just look silly in hats but we’ll see what happens. And yeah, I think there’s at least one or two evenings during the tour that we’ll go to a certain location with the group just to see the amazing sunsets and have dinner together. How awesome does that sound?! Also in the summer months (June, July, August), it NEVER rains there. Like it’s sunny every single day. So that’s another good thing! I’ll be bringing two memory cards for my camera – I think they’re both 1GB, so that should be plenty of space. Don’t worry, I’ll do my absolute best to NOT lose anything haha that would be so tragic!

• 25 Oct 2012 miss sunbear said

miss sunbear

Lol. I’m just taking a cheap camera but still have good quality photos taken:-) and yeah I think ill take two sim cards too. Looks like an umbrella won’t be needed either during our tour.. lol. Now I’m stuck whether to bring heels for the night time or not? Like for the party.time too? Um mean I absolutely love glamouring up for the night life.. but I think it won’t matter really what u were as long u.looks awesome for the evenings? Im bring 2 or 3 evening dress, all very different styles:-) I’m taking my hair dryer and straighter as mum told me the hair dryers in hotels are usually bad or slow. Lol.

• 25 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

I’m not bringing heels with me but that’s mostly because I almost never wear them even at home… they’re really uncomfortable to me so I think it’d just be a waste of space. I’ll just bring some cute sandals to wear out at night along with a few evening dresses or something. But you’re right – it won’t matter a whole lot what we wear… we’re gonna be having so much fun either way! I’m definitely thinking an umbrella will be unnecessary for Greece (yay!) but I’m bringing one for my first tour just in case. Hmm I might need to borrow that hair dryer from you… hahah I’m not bringing one so my hair might look a little crazy. I have curly/wavy hair that tends to get super frizzy in the humidity. I’ll probably be too drunk to care most of the time anyway. Hey maybe we’ll even be roommates since we’re both going solo!

miss sunbear

Well at least I won’t need an umbrella for either of my trips:-) yeah I don’t min if I bring my hair dryer.. and you’ll be welcome to use it while on tour. I have straight to wavy hair but I would like to have my hair straighten before the party times start. Hehe. It’ll be so cool if we end up as roommates. That way you can borrow the hairdryer anytime. Lol.

• 25 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

I’m going to bring a mini hair straightener with me – that way I can at least straighten the crazy parts of my hair so it doesn’t get too ridiculous. And thank you for letting me use your hair dryer! Haha yay. :) Even if we’re not roommates in Athens, we can request to room together on the way to Mykonos – that’s usually how it works on Contiki I’m pretty sure. Anddd when you get to Athens… wait hahaha look at me planning something that isn’t happening for another 8 months. I’m getting a little ahead of myself. But whatever, good times are ahead for sure!

miss sunbear

Haha may be ahead of yourself but everybody can dream and wish:-) nothing wrong with that is there? Lol. It’s definitely happening for you as you booked your tour and then it’s me who books next week.. fingers crossed:-) then after that.. we can blab about every and anything we want for our tour and don’t feel ahead of yourself Lol:-)

• 28 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

Yay, I’m excited for you to book everything! It’ll be nice to know for sure that I’ll have a friend on the trip. :) And once you book, you should add me on facebook so we can talk about it on there! I’m working on paying off my tour right now – did you know that if you pay in full by December 27th, you get a discount? That’s what I’m doing, and it’s a pretty significant amount that I’m saving since I’m doing it for both of my tours. Also, since you’re booking two tours, you get $100 off the second one… so that should be pretty helpful as well. Saving money is always a good thing haha it’ll give you more spending money for later! I plan to buy lots of stuff in Europe so that means I need to pack really light :)

• 29 Oct 2012 miss sunbear said

miss sunbear

I booked my travel agent this week. So he will help me get everything together and organise the contiki part pay. I was looking at the part pay and keen to do it too as my family wants to put money towards my holiday as a Xmas gift then they will give me some bday money next year towards my holiday too. So it should work out well to. Of course when I booked contiki, we will add onto fb:-) my mum told me that ill need only about $1500 spending money but I doubt that cos I wanna shop heaps over seas. So I’m going to pack lite as possible too. Mostly I have. Dresses and batheo wear to the tours so the dresses are pretty lite. What size luggage should I take.? 9kg? Lol

• 29 Oct 2012 Megan said

Megan

That’s great, I’m excited for you!!! I’m budgeting about $100 per day, so since I’ll be there for 38 days total, that comes out to $3800. On some days, you won’t spend hardly any money, but then there are shopping days and times when you’ll spend a lot at the bars/clubs. So it’s always good to have plenty of money saved up just in case. $100 per day seems to be a pretty common amount of money to budget. (100 US Dollars and 100 Aussie Dollars are almost exactly the same, by the way.) And then keep in mind that there are “optionals” as well which aren’t included in the tour price, but most people recommend doing all of them as it’s part of the experience. I’m putting my “optional” money in a separate place so that I don’t accidentally spend it on other things. My London to Athens tour has heaps of optionals, but luckily the Greek Island Hopping tour doesn’t have that many haha so it doesn’t end up being THAT much more money. It’s mostly stuff like group meals, tours, a boat cruise, etc. I have no idea about the luggage though… hmm, I just know that Contiki’s limit is 20 kilos so you want to be under that for sure. Oh, I’ve heard that the shopping in Greece is amazing… so we’re definitely going shopping one day hahah sound good? :)

• 2 Nov 2012 miss sunbear said

miss sunbear

ll be doing all optional on both tours and look forward to experiencing them. I’ve been to my travel agent yesterday and he’s putting my whole trip together so ill have tp.wait til I lay down my first deposit. Lol. But ill definitely be doing the trips for sure. Shopping … I’m budgeting at least $200 a day but most of it will be towards Shopping big time. Lol. I know for s fact ill be buying jewellery and clothes and of course souvenirs for my family. :-) I was thinking London to Athens but I wanted to explore Italy and Greece more. I can’t wait for the shopping in Italy’s designer outlet mall and market shopping in.Greece. yay!!

• 3 Nov 2012 Steveybaby said

Steveybaby

im doin this tour on the 10th of july

• 4 Nov 2012 Megan said

Megan

YAY!! Haha I’m so happy you’re definitely going! I just found another tour mate of ours on facebook (a guy), so that’s 3 of us so far. Woohoo! :) My London to Athens tour stops at the designer outlet mall in Italy as well, so I’m going to do some serious shopping there. And of course there will be tons of cool stuff to buy in Greece. Not to mention the delicious food! Everyone I’ve talked to who has been on Greek Island Hopping says it’s one of the best tours that Contiki offers because the Greek Isles are just THAT amazing. I CAN’T WAIT. At least one night on tour, I want to see both the sunset and the sunrise!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion