Community_discussions_small  

Question

New York New Year !?!?!?

1 Oct 2012 Jeff-CDN asked

Jeff-CDN

hey im just wondering if any travellers are considering this trip ? would be nice to get to know a few. havent booked yet (will next month) but am 99.9% sure im doing this.
im 26 , from vancouver canada and in need of some major excitement , im planning on doing a europe all summer 2013 starting with a contiki tour but new york new year would be great to break the ice! im tired of all the same new years parties and same faces !!! times square new years sounds incredible!!!! whos going?

• 11 Oct 2012 Libbi said

Libbi

hey! ive booked NY NYE 2012 and im going by myself too so dont be too scared! im pretty sure that we will be in a nughtclub on NYE in times square… my friends did it last year and loved it they went to planet hollywood i think.. hope that helped :)

• 11 Oct 2012 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

i put a deposit down 2 days ago , they said to send a “request” for a possible opened spot , they called me this morning to say its fully booked and cant go , i am extremely depressed about this , so ill have to do it next year. :(

• 5 Dec 2012 Cathy Hayes said

Default_avatar

Booked mine today and I hope it goes through! Im so excited :P

• 18 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Did you have any luck with your booking Cathy? I’ve got flights booked to NYC on the 30th, but haven’t actually got a plan for the 6 days that I’m there as yet… yikes!!

• 18 Dec 2012 Cathy Hayes said

Default_avatar

Jason yes I am going!!!! Now my problem is finding a decent hotel. Everyone seems to be fully booked :(

• 18 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Cool! But I thought the price included accommodation!?

• 19 Dec 2012 Cathy Hayes said

Default_avatar

it is for the 30th till the 2nd. I arrive the 29th! Most decent hotels are fully booked :(

• 19 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Ahhh, gotcha! Have you tried airbnb or couchsurfing?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.