Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Urgent need to contact brother on European trip!

22 Jul 2009 Pleasehelp said

Default_avatar
Hi, my brother is currently on a Europe Contiki and I need to contact him urgently. He has been with a group for most of his tour, and most of it has been camping. I know that right now he should be in Turkey and is going to Croatia next. I wondering if there was a way I could contact his tour operator or tour guide, because I am unable to reach him on his cell. I'm assuming all the contiki guides have cellphones on them for emergencies?

If mods and/or admins know of any numbers I could call, would you please give me them?

I am currently in Australia, as it is past 6pm here, contiki call centres are closed. I'm currently trying to find the turkish number for contiki as I type this. My brother would have organised his tour in N.Z.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • 22 Jul 2009 @matthew said

Default_avatar

I’d think the UK call centre would be the best bet. http://contiki.co.uk/contact

• 22 Jul 2009 Pleasehelp said

Default_avatar

Thank you very much @matthew, on the phone with them now.

Default_avatar

OK, they said they would pass on an urgent message for me to him, they couldn’t give me his tour operator’s contact for security reasons. He is currently on his way to Istanbul, he’s on the 46 day (mostly camping) tour, I think its called the Champion tour…

If you’re wondering whats wrong, our father just had a stroke and is in hospital, stable.

• 22 Jul 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I hope you got in contact with your brother and that your Dad is ok.

Just a note to others planning their trips – photocopy your contiki documents and leave that copy with family at home – it has dates and phone numbers for the hotels you’ll be staying at.

Default_avatar

Thank you cdm115, you’ve made a very good point, my brother had made a rough itinerary for my Dad and Mom but more specific documents would have helped us a lot.
    Late last night my brother received my message and managed to call me, he will probably be trying to find a way to get home right now. Yesterday morning my Dad had a second stroke so everyone’s even more concerned now. Amazingly he has fully recovered from the this one as well only a few hours after it happened.

Thanks again @matthew and cdm115, much appreciated.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.