Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European plus Greek Islands 2013

1 Oct 2012 Ange asked

Ange

Hi,

I'm wanting to do this tour around June/July, but have a few questions before i book, as I'm travelling solo for the first time. if anyones thinking of going let me know cos I'd love to get to know a few ppl before I go!!

1- if anyone has been- what type of crowd do the longer tours such as this attract? I've heard its an older crowd as people need to save up for long tours like this...do the longer tours also attract solo travellers? As I'm a solo 22 yo female traveller who likes to party, so am really looking to meet a few people like me!

2- Do long tours such as this separate along the way? as in more people join the tour mid away, and some leave?

3- Approx how many people are on each tour?

My main concern is that ill be stuck on a long tour with people that I won't get alone with.

Would love any feedback! thanks :)

• 7 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

i know! so long :(

• 8 Oct 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

I switched to the June 9th tour!!! Then after I am going to Ireland and Scotland, then croatia sailing! So excited!!! I just wish it wasnt so far away!!

• 9 Oct 2012 NickisAwesome said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys

So me and my mate (who I meet on my last European contiki – who would of thought) are booking this one planning on doing the 9th of June as seeing as it is guaranteed departure . I did a winter one last year and thought I’d do a round 2 but in summer.

After that tour, i plan on going to Scotland for a bit, then Spain, Portugal and Ibiza and fingers crossed if i can get Tomorrowland tickets belgium for a few days for the festival!!

• 9 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

ah cool. yeah I definitely want to to Ibiza after!! No real plan of what I’m doing after, just want to stay In europe for the summer haha.

Are you guys staying in London before the tour?

• 9 Oct 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

That all sounds like great plans! After the tour, I’m doing a tour around Great Britain and Ireland. Then going to do a sailing tour in Croatia! And if all things work according to plan, head down to la tomatina. And stay in Spain and do a semester abroad! :)
    We should start a Facebook group of everyone on the tour! :) feel free to add me: Rebecca Isselin

• 9 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

sounds cool- i wish I had a solid plan!

Are you doing sailing croatia through contiki? I think its called ‘croatian island sailing’ or through another company?

I’m thinking about doing that to. Seems so popular that tour.

Yeah agree about the fb page!!

Rebecca

Yeah I’m doing it through contiki! It’s a good price and I’m excited cause its during my birthday! You should join! It looks like so much fun! Check out la tomatina through bus about! That looks like so much fun! Biggest food fight in Spain? Hhaha sure! :)

Rebecca

Here we created a group!!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/265534193567377/

• 11 Oct 2012 Maddi said

Default_avatar

I’ve booked for the Ultimate European + Greek Islands for July 21st 2013… anyone else doing it??

• 11 Oct 2012 Crystal said

Crystal

I’ve booked For the 30th of June ultimate European +Greek islands !! Has anyone else ?

• 17 Oct 2012 kristen said

kristen

Hi Ang
    What did you end up deciding for your tour dates? I have so many of the same questions as you, and will be solo traveling so would love to meet others before the tour starts!
    I want to get the most of the summer time so trying to figure out which start date would get the most sun!

• 17 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

Hey Kristen!
    I’ve decided to do this tour on June 9th! Perfect for soaking up the sun cos June/July are early-mid summer.

You should join this tour! We have a bunch of cool ppl signed up on the facebook page- heaps around our age and travelling solo too. Yeah I agree its great to meet people before the tour starts- especially for solos.

Let me know what you decide :)

• 17 Oct 2012 Jdaddy said

Default_avatar

i plan on booking this tour as well! i’ve talked to a friend said it was unreal

• 17 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

haha awesome! heres the fb page for it

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/265534193567377/

• 24 Oct 2012 kristen said

kristen

I will be booking this one in next week! and also when this tour finishes will go on to the Croatian Cruising tour!

So so excited. Are you going over early? Think I will be booked in to stay two nights before the tour at the Royal National Hotel and then two nights again when the tour finishes!!

• 24 Oct 2012 Ange said

Ange

Hey thats cool!! we have a good bunch of people! yep im going 2 nights early and staying at the royal national hotel, mainly just cos I want to meet ppl before we leave haha.

Wow thats funny cos I was think of booking the croatia island sailing after too! that or the greek island hopping…hm decisions decisions..

• 24 Oct 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

I am doing the croatia island sailing tour after this one too! Well not till August 15th, but I am still excited! :) You both should do it too! :)

• 6 Nov 2012 katelouise89 said

katelouise89

Im going on the 28th April 2013.
    Anyone else doing this tour?

• 26 Nov 2012 Katie said

Katie

Hi, anyone for august 25th?

• 11 Jan 2013 Explorer1233243 said

Default_avatar

hey for anyone whos doing the ultimate european on the 23rd june here is the group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/489867171046769/

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.