Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern LA to NY - Jan 26th 2008

7 Mar 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar
I am going on the Grand Southern Tour starting on Jan 26th 2008. Would like to get in contact with anyone who is also going at this time
Jess
  • 20 Mar 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar

I am going on that same trip! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

This is my first overseas adventure, not to mention my first Contiki tour! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 23 Mar 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hey how are you? It’s great to be able to talk to someone who is going on the same trip as me. This is my first trip overseas as well but I have wanted to go to America since I was about thirteen so I’m very excited. I’m also going on the LA Scene Contiki before the Grand Southern so I get into LA on the 20th Jan. When do you get in?

• 27 Mar 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar

Hey there,

I get in on the 24th @ 7.30am!! I renting a car though so I can see all the sights I need to see while there, best part is I can drop it off @ Disneyland – which is across the road virtually from the hotel!
    I’m also going to spend 3 extra days in NY, so it’s pretty exciting.
    It’s also great to find out that I’m not the only person who has booked. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

• 28 Mar 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hi again!
    I have 3 days in between the La Scene and the Grand Southern, so I will be able to see everything that I want to in LA as well. I am also staying in New York for 4 nights after the grand southern. Where abouts are you staying? I have booked a room at the Beacon Hotel, easier to fo through Contiki than to try to find something by myself, I think!
    By the way, I am from Adelaide
    Talk to you soon
    Jess

• 29 Mar 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar

Hey there,

That sounds Awesome! For Anaheim, I have booked the Contiki hotel, I can’t remember the name of it though.

For New York, I’m in the Beacon also, so that is fantastic. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> But yeah, I’m hiring a car in LA, so it would be easier to see everything I want to without the hassle of public transportation, and it would be cheaper anyway. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Well, as you know, I’m from Melbourne, and also my real name is Elise, people call me Leasy, but whatever you want to call me is ok. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Definitely looking more forward to it now, I don’t feel so alone. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 26 Apr 2007 Aussie_Jacqui said

Aussie_Jacqui

hey Im Jacqui and im also going on the LA-NY trip in jan 08… would be awesome to get to know some people before i get over there! this is my first time travelling o/s alone. i am going to be spending 16 days on the west coast with friends and going up to san fran and having a look around LA. i am from Qld, at the moment im working in birdsville to save for this trip!

• 12 May 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hey Jacqui!!
    I think that this tour may the first time for a lot of people to go overseas, at least it is looking that way!
    It is good to get to know people before we go over there, at least we wont feel so alone when we get there. Only 36 weeks to go by my count!!
    How many days are you in LA before the tour starts? Are you staying in the contiki hotel beforehand?

• 15 May 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar

Jeebus! Only 36 weeks??? Wow, that seems so quick! This trip is going to come and go waaay to fast!

Still excited for it though! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 12 Jun 2007 Nin155 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys. My name is Stephanie and have booked to go on the Grand Southern for the same date. I am living in Sydney and am looking forward to meeting all you guys. I have travelled before but never alone so im a little nervous, same as you guys would be i imagine.

My email address is stephnis@hotmail.com so feel free to send me an email to get to know me a little more.
    Thanks
    Stephanie Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

well im jules – a kiwi living in ozzie. im definatly thinking bout doing the grand southern starting jan26th 08 . only problem is that i wanna do the new york new year too and as im travelling alone ill have a space of about three weeks to fill in as new york new year finsihes 03/01/08 and grand southern starts 26/01/08 i was thinking bout doing the LA scene to fill in a bit of time on 20/01/2008 and perhaps even a 5 day stop over in hawii. just depnds on $$$$$ i guess!

• 27 Jun 2007 RYNO said

Default_avatar

Hey girls and….. girls

finally put down me deposit today, Seems ya guys r all travelling alone as well, ya guys should post ya email addresses so we can all figure out whos who before the trip….. which happens to be in 19374729101827362 seconds..

Ryan

• 30 Jun 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey!!

I’m also on this tour!! I am so excited!
    I’m like you Stephanie…I’ve been overseas (through Europe and UK) but this is the first time on my own!! I’m going 3 weeks early and spending the time with a friend in Alabama!

I live about an hour out of Sydney but im in the city everyday!

So how old are you guys? I’ll be 19 at the time.

If you wana chat or anything my email is shararulz@hotmail.com

Cant wait to meet you all!!
    Sha!

• 30 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

hey guys!

well everythings booked now! am defiantly doing the new york new year, LA scene (20/01) and the grand southern 26/01) wohoo gettiung really excited now my emails lil-julz85@hotmail.com drop me a line if ya wanna .

julia

• 7 Jul 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hey guys and girls!!
    Just wondering where everyone is from. Some of you have it posted but others, like me, dont have it on there. I am from Adelaide. It would be really good if some of us could actually meet before the tour starts.
    Speak to you all soon
    Jess

• 8 Aug 2007 treeger said

Default_avatar

Heya peeps.. Ok, brief introduction – i was supposed to go on the Dec 28th tour, however, totally sold out. Damn it. Well, its good to have you guys on the trip anyways!

I am a 19 year old dude from Singapore. Not the best looking guy around, but I sure am fun to be with. For you Adelaide people – i am doing a degree program in Singapore, however issued by University of South Australia. Due to graduate in the coming months! So to Jessica, if i am in South Australia, will you wanna meet me up? Hahaha! Well.. anyways, for the benefit of others, how are you gonna plan this trip? I could really use a thorough conversation. I have free IDD calls if you guys wanna talk!?!?!

My plans are to travel on the trip, however, prior to that, embark on my 10 day tour alone to California for my rides and Las Vegas for my shows and thrill adventures, such as skydiving and ATV rides and Horseback riding. I’m a roller coaster enthusiast, so please feel free to join me. I’m traveling alone – i have space for a few to join me in my accomodations. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Add me to msn messenger at tenotrophomonas_maltophilia@k.st

My phone number is 81127898, country code 65 – do give me a holler if u can. We could perhaps synchronise something together. Lastly, its my first trip too, and i can’t wait to meeting all you people and enjoying myself. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Take care!

• 8 Aug 2007 treeger said

Default_avatar

And oh! I am going to book this tour next week. I already reserved my seat. However, the prices are based on twin-sharing accommodation. Sorry if it seems stupid, but i need someone who is willing to share a room with me. Any volunteers?

If not, its almost 1200 bux more, and its too costly. Please advise.

• 14 Aug 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hi Treeger,
    Good to meet someone else who is going to be on the trip!! Just to let you know, if you want to book a twin share room you can, just let the travel agent know and contiki can match you up another person of the same sex to share a room with.

Not too long to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jess

• 15 Aug 2007 treeger said

Default_avatar

HEY!!!

get an MSN or something!!?!?! hook me up.. i need company to chat with. :P Take care!

• 3 Sep 2007 Aussie_Jacqui said

Aussie_Jacqui

hey hey everyone!! hope ur all still excited! well im back on the sunny coast and will be here until i leave for the tour. Julz and i are going to meet up in san fran on the 15th jan and stayin there for a few days and checkin out all the sights… until we go on the la scene and then on the big grand southern. very exciting stuff, and its good to see new people talkin bout the trip! yay, i havent been on here in a while so i thought i ought to check if more people were posting! yay (again) well hopefully speak to you’s all soon and cant wait to meet you all! and hello to you lisa. i added you to msn, just incase u think its some weirdo! ok ciao
    Jacqui

• 29 Sep 2007 kel said

Default_avatar

hey guys! I’m Kellie I am doing the grand southern contiki trip jan 26th! Im excited/nervous. I’m from tassie but just moved up to cairns. Can’t wait to meet you all! You can find me on face book (tassie_girls@hotmail.com). See u soon

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion