Community_discussions_small  

Comment

ATM Pins

19 Jun 2007 A girl said

Default_avatar
Now I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that in Europe they only have 3 numbers in the pins for ATMs vs the 4 numbers we have here in Canada. Does anyone know for sure?? and if that is true...do I have to somehow change my pin to a 3 digit thing....Clearly I am confused
  • 19 Jun 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

Canada is 4-6 numbers for a pin where as Europe you’ll need 4 number pin. So if you have a 4 number pin you’ll be okay.

• 19 Jun 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Europe is 4 # pin so I’ve read. If you have time go to www.ricksteves.com he has an exellent section on money and what to prepair for. His Europe through the back doors book is exellent on this especially if you are doing multy countries. He even mentions that at the Vatican that all of the ATM’s are in latin. lol…. Can’t wait to photogrph that one. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Make sure to let your bank know you are traveling so they don’t hold your account thinking it was hacked into. My dad forgot to do that in Australia and what a mess.

• 20 Jun 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure how your bank systems work, but back home, my ATM card has a 6 digit PIN and I had no problems with using my ATM card with the 6 digits in Europe. But this probably varies from bank to bank and country to coutnry, so just make a quick check with your bank to confirm.

• 20 Jun 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Banks here in Canada told me I needed a 4 digit PIN on my MC, which is exactly what I have. I had no problem withdrawing cash from it in Europe.

• 20 Jun 2007 Dominique10 said

Default_avatar

it’s actually 4 numbers and you can use the same PIN from your debit/credit card that you have here. it ought to work. It did for me and i didn’t need to change it at all.

• 21 Jun 2007 A girl said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys for all you help…I guess whoever told me the whole three digit pin was wrong…yay!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.