Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris & Rome - October 17th.

14 Apr 2009 marikat said

Default_avatar
Hi guys! Smiler

My hubby and I are doing this tour! So excited! Big Grin

Anyone joining us? Roll Eyes

A few questions though, as this will be our first Contiki as well as our first time overseas! Oh, were from South Africa. Wink

• The tour starts in London, ends in Rome, so how do you plan on getting from Rome back to London to catch ur flight? Because flying directly from SA - London and back is the cheapest so far. So what would be the cheapest way to get back to London?

• The tour details state the tour "ends after breakfast". Any idea what time this is?

• Florence..... I so want to see the David statue, but I know its very far... And the tour does give you 2 days free in Rome, if I understand correctly, but i dont think this will be enough time to visit Florence... Any ideas?

Okay, thats it for now! Looking forward to hearing from you! Cool
    • 26 Jun 2009 marikat said

Default_avatar

hi barry!

have you been on a contiki tour before? I am so excited, i can hardly wait!

SA is a great country, and I must admit, I haven’t done a lot of touring around here. But before my hubby reach the Contiki expiry date, we thought we’d first tour Europe!

• 26 Jun 2009 StephKat716 said

StephKat716

Hey! I’m planning to go on this same trip, except the next departure. But I thought I’d share this…

Read this Travelouge about the trip if you get time.

http://mariastravels.blogspot….may-2005-london.html

I found it really helpful and a good indicator of times.

• 30 Jun 2009 marikat said

Default_avatar

hi Stephkat!

thanks for the link – i read it and it was very helpful! enjoy your trip!

• 14 Jul 2009 asian_sweetie said

asian_sweetie

Hi Marikat!
      I’m also going on this trip…although I’m really nervous because I’m going on my own.

I booked my flight with contiki and the price wasn’t too bad because there was a promotion going on so maybe they could help you find a flight from rome to london. The agents are actually really good.

• 14 Jul 2009 marikat said

Default_avatar

Hi Sweetie!

Dont worry – I am also very nervous, my first time overseas, ect. But I think more excited than nervous! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Where are you from? So nice to meet someone that’s going too!

Oh, btw, I found really cheap airline tickets thru Turkish Airlines, so I am all set.

Go read thru the blog that Stephkat posted, its really helpful!

• 20 Jul 2009 cheeky said

cheeky

hey im from sydney and im doin this trip also alone first contiki for me i booked today so excited

• 19 Aug 2009 Explorer1142417 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone, im also on this trip, im from Sydney Australia and going solo, nervous but excited, not long to go now!

• 19 Aug 2009 cheeky said

cheeky

Hey guys if u wanna chat add me on facebook or email me
      cute_ass_ash@hotmail.com I would live to meet people before I go
      I’m so excited an nervous

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.