Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GHD Straightners in UK and Europe

6 Jan 2011 Nikki said

Nikki
Hey guys, I am from Australia. Does anyone know if I will just need a power point adapter for my GHD straightner or will I need a voltage converter? If anyone from Australia has been to Europe and taken their straightener (and it worked!) any advice would be great! Thanks! Wink
  • 7 Jan 2011 Matty said

Default_avatar

You definitely need a power converter… my GF’s GHD didnt work because of the different voltage!

• 7 Jan 2011 kristy said

kristy

i didnt think voltage could be converted??? how dose that work? iv never seen something that converts it in the travel shops.

mind you im a hairdresser and i can say after selling ghds for over 5 years they arent wat they use to be.. they use to last 7years +… but now your lucky if it last 2 years with newer models.

• 7 Jan 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I’m pretty sure that, coming from Australia, we don’t actually need a voltage converter. The voltage throughout Europe is 220, and Australia uses 240, so we don’t need adaptors. American voltage is somewhere down in the 100s though, so American electronics DO need a converter. All you need coming from Australia is an adaptor.

So Australia – adaptor
    America – adaptor and converter

• 7 Jan 2011 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987

you will need a universal powerpoint adaptor. I suggest making sure u get the one that does Europe and UK.. Also you will need a converter. You wouldn’t want ur expensive hair straightener to blow up on your first day..I have my first trip booked in Sept 2011.. My cousin said you will def need these!

• 7 Jan 2011 Ashyyy!! said

Default_avatar

Hey
    I was wondering the same thing. Do we have to have a universal adaptor? or can we have two adaptors and where do we get converters from?

Thanks! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jan 2011 kristy said

kristy

i thort aussies didnt have to.

• 8 Jan 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Just the power adapter if its a GHD. GHD’s are meant to be able to be used world wide without issues. If you had a cheaper hair straightener or a hair dryer perhaps power converters.

• 12 Jan 2011 Nikki said

Nikki

Thanks guys!
    I talked to my hairdresser today and she said her friend has been traveling the UK and Europe for a couple of years and has been using her GHD with just an adapter, no converter needed. hope this helps everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Jan 2011 cassie said

cassie

I used my gh straightener all over europe and the uk everyday for a month and all u had was a power adapter.. No voltage convertor or anything.. It still works find and I have been home for 6 months..

• 27 Jan 2011 Andrea-Maree said

Andrea-Maree

with the straightners that have been used over there with just an adapted and worked are they the straighteners that you can adjust the temperatures?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion