Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LA to the Bay - Aug 10th-20th 2011

7 Dec 2010 Jessa said

Jessa
Hello,

Is anyone doing LA to the Bay on the above dates?
Smiler
  • 10 Dec 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hey There,

I’m doing the Wild Western on those dates so we will be on the same tour. How exciting.

Where are you from? I’m 24 travelling solo from Australia. Cannot wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Nikki

• 17 Dec 2010 Jessa said

Jessa

Awesome!!
    It will be good to know someone before I go!!
    I’m from Melbourne Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Cannot wait!

Jess

• 28 Dec 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Ah that’s great. I’m from Newcastle. Are you travelling alone or with friends/partner?

It’s getting closer. It’s only 8 months away now…sounds a long time but hopefully it will fly. I think Jan will, I’m so busy Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Mar 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Less than 5 months to go now :)

• 5 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I’m doing this tour as well with my boyfriend, we’re getting so excited about it! I’ve started putting a shopping list together of things I (have to have!) would like and places to see on the way.

Sarah

• 6 Apr 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hi Sarah,
    How exciting!! It’s not long now!! It’s really creeping up on me!! Care to share your list? There’s so many things I am dying to do over there.

Where are you both from?

• 6 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hi,

We’re from New Zealand, based in Auckland so it will be great to see more of the world!
    The tips I have received so far…

In Las Vegas – go to:
    Ghost Bar at the Palms
    Planet Hollywood
    The Grove
    Tao
    and then to the Premium Factory Outlets, The Beverly Centre and Boot barn for shopping
    Also apparently www.tix4tonight.com is good for discounted tickets to shows around Vegas.

I’m also keen to go to Forever 21 and an Adidas shop over there somewhere but am sure we will have a lot of opportunities!

• 9 May 2011 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hey, do you know where the meeting point is? We need to book a hotel for the night of August 9th somewhere in LA.

Only 3 months away now, so excited!

• 9 May 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hi Sarah,
    I believe it leaves from the Kyoto Grand so I am staying there the night before (well I’m actually doing the LA Explorer before it so will be staying there on the 9th as well anyway).

87 sleeps until I fly out!! Which makes it 92 until our Wild Western starts haha. BRING IT ON!!

I’ve just moved house so sorry I didn’t reply before. I haven’t looked up a lot of these places yet but I like the idea of discounted tickets in Vegas :) And shopping sounds good!!!

Hope you’re well,
    Nikki

• 9 May 2011 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Thank you Nikki!

Oh yes….I am trying to pack an absolute minimum so I can shop lots!!!

See you in 92 days then!

Sarah

• 19 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

hi to everyone! I am alos coming to LA to the Bay starting 10th Aug. and before I am in the LA explorer – like Nikki! I am Italian, but I’ve been living in Germany for 7 years now.
    unfortunately contiki couldn’t find the prenight (6th Aug) for me in Kyoto Grand Hotel, so let’s see where I will sleep when I land in Los Angeles… I guess I’ll book a room in a hotel near the airport and come to the Kyoto on 7th to meet the tour and start the tour! So happy I found someone else in the forum, I’m travelling on my own!

• 22 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hi, I will be in Kyoto Grand Hotel on 6th Aug. night, I booked a single room by myself for the prenight! If you are already there, we could meet when I arrive! Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Alessandra

• 22 May 2011 Sarah said

Default_avatar

That sounds great!

We will be staying overnight on the 9th before meeting everyone at the Kyoto Grand – does anyone know what the meeting time is on the 10th?

• 22 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

hi!
    LA to the Bay starts at 7.00 a.m. on 10th (I know it from a mail from Contiki). I will be already there from 6th evening, I’m in the LA Explorer!

• 23 May 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hey Alessandra,

Yeah I’ll be there on the 6th so it would be good to catch up the night before the tour. I’ll also be staying at Kyoto so that works out well!! I have a single room too; thought I might need it to get over the jetlag.

• 23 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hello Nikki,
    the same for me with the jetlag and after an 11-hour flight. I’m not planning anything special for that night, maybe just eating something before going to sleep. I should land in LAX at about 5.00 p.m., then I guess I’ll take a taxi to the Kyoto. When are you arriving?

• 24 May 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

I fly in on the 5th but it’s about 9pm LA time so will be going straight to eat and sleep haha.

• 24 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

so will I! I’ll arrive at about 5 p.m. LA time, but the difference between Frankfurt and LA is 9 hours… :-)

• 1 Jun 2011 Andrea said

Andrea

Hi everyone, I’m from Brazil and I’ll arrive 6th august for Lá explorer and LÁ to the bay. I’m also staying one more day in san Francisco after the tour ends.

• 1 Jun 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

@Andrea: could you book your pre-night in Kyoto Hotel, too?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion