Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Securtiy at Contiki camps/hotels

1 Jun 2008 Kiwi_Leon said

Default_avatar
Just wondering what the security is like at the places we stay. I have 2 passports (one NZ & one EU) and don't want to carry both around all the time. I was wondering if the paces we stay on concept trips have reliable secure places to store belongings ( like a safe at reception or something). If so i thought it would be a good idea to put one passport there and carry the other to reduce the risk of losing both of them. Also what is the secuity like in the rooms for our bags etc.

Any adivce?

Cheers Leon
  • 1 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

hiya! I don’t know either, but I would suggest having some combination (or normal locks) for your baggage.

Personally, I’d choose combination locks, b/c there is no key for you to lose, lol…. but then, you have to remember a combination Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Oh, and just for extra percaution, HIDE your ID in your luggage. (i.e. bury it inside a shirt or w/e)

• 1 Jun 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I just came back from the European Whirl and there were always locks on the doors with the exception of the chalet in Switzerland – in the rooms there there were cubbies to lock up your stuff. In the Contiki resorts there really wasn’t a front desk or anything – just a mess tent…

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.