Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA 2013

9 Oct 2012 Demi asked

Demi

Hi guys, I'm planning on doing the best of USA, September 2013. Just wondering if anybody else is planning on going on this trip??

Also past travellers anything you would recommend at all??

Thanks ! :)

• 9 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Hey I was thinking about do this one.. although theres so many other that I want to do also.. :/ haha

• 11 Oct 2012 Sian said

Sian

Hiya, I’m doing this tour next September too! X

• 11 Oct 2012 amytalks718 said

amytalks718

I was thinking if I did a US tour this was the one I liked the most. I was thinking of Europe first though…

• 12 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

@Ash -it took me a long time to decide which one i wanted to go on!! But this one sounds awesome!!
    Do you think you will end up doing this one ??

@Sian – Ohh thats so exciting!!!!!!!! Atleast I’ll know one other person, is this your first tour??

@Amy talk718 I just saw you live in NY -Do you think 4days is enough to see all the main things ??

• 14 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Hi, Im really unsure what I want to do, I want to go for a full month and do this one! But I also really want to do some of the others ha ha :) Are you definetly going on this one? What dates are you looking at? :)

• 15 Oct 2012 Sian said

Sian

I’m getting excited about it now, yeah it will be my first trip and ill be travelling alone too, how about you? X

• 15 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

I’ll definately be going on this one Ash!! Just waiting to see which flights are cheaper, aiming for the 2nd Sept one though, otherwise i won’t be home for family birthdays etc.. Would this be your first trip ash ??

IM SO EXCITED!! Haha.

• 15 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Oh how exciting!
    That is the time im looking at :) :) :)
    It will be my first contiki and really my first real real trip!

How exciting :)

• 16 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

It’s so exciting hey! Do you think you will end up going ? And same. Not entirely excited for 13hr flight ! Haha. Where will you be coming from ??

• 16 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Im still looking through the books and sussing out my money sitch :) but it sounds soo good :) I will be flying from Melbourne or Sydney. What about yourself?

its pretty cool to be able to talk to people about contiki, I had no idea that this was available!! :) :)

• 16 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

Oh righto. Tough situation I know !! Haha.
    Ill be flying from Brisbane ! Didn’t even realize you we’re from Australia!!!
    I reckon neither did I!! I signed up and then I saw the discussion forums and it made my day!! Haha
    :)

• 16 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Oh Brisbane nice!!
    Haha I dont think I put where I was from on the profile.. I must look at that.

Thats cool that you are also from Australia :) If I do end up on the same tour it will be nice to know there is a fellow aussie on the trip :)

• 17 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

I recently did this trip! 100% recommend it, its very full on there is alot packed into it so i would definately recommend a couple of days before and after the tour to explore a bit more but I probably wouldnt suggest staying in the contiki hotels as there not in the best locations or nicest areas. any questions about the tour let me know :)

• 17 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

Hah I actually don’t think I did either ?? It will be good to know other people before going, hope you go on it !!! You’ll have to let me know if you book it !!

@Nr992 oh really .. Oh really. So the hotels are dodgy? They don’t have like communal showers do they? Haha. What was your fact part of this tour ?

• 17 Oct 2012 Nr992 said

Default_avatar

oh no nothing like that! the hotels are actually really nice (apart from the hotel in san fran which has the tiniest rooms ever and we thought we haunted) they’re just not in the nicest areas like you walk down the road and you see streets full of homeless people in LA. also in new york you stay in brooklyn which is quite out of the way it is alot better to stay on the main island closer to everything.
    its hard to say a favourite part, I had alot of fun partying in vegas they take you to some awesome clubs there. just dont stay up too late before the mornings you have activities cause alot of us did that and struggled alot, I ended up sleeping through the nyc bus tour i was that exhausted :(

• 17 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

OH! well thats good!!
    ahhhh, really, thats so sad!!
    well i wont be 21, so i wont be able to go into the clubs etc, but that doesn’t bother me., can always do that back home anyway!!

Did you stay extra days before/after ??

• 17 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

I will let you know if i book it. :)

Have you booked it yet?

@Nr992 – Thanks for the advise :) Im getting so excited!!!!

• 17 Oct 2012 Demi said

Demi

The flights haven’t come out yet, but im most likely just going to book the 2nd Sept one, i cant wait!!!
    Just want to go now!

• 18 Oct 2012 ash said

ash

Thats alright, are you staying longer, before or after the tour?

• 18 Oct 2012 lozen89 said

lozen89

Hey, I just finished doing this tour and I did it in sept too!
    The weather was amazing! Sept is an awesome time to go! I also advise spending an extra day or two each side! For example I should of stayed an extra day in L.A because I would of liked to do universal there aswell as Disneyland! But with everything I wanted to do there was just no time!
    Vegas was amazing!! It’s definitely famous for a reason! San Fran is beautiful! I agree with nr992 that the hotel wasn’t great! We had the smallest room and smallest bathroom! But with saying that you really don’t spend that much time there!
    Try and make sure you go to some sporting game there! Even if your not into sports it’s great! We watched baseball! Any questions about anything send me a message! I’m more than happy to offer advice! :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion