Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern (LA to NY) July 2013

10 Oct 2012 Aussie Lo asked

Aussie Lo

Hey! I know it's VERY early to discuss, though I'm going to book on the 22/07/13 departure.. Single female, 2nd Contiki and just wondering if anyone else is looking at going also if people who have done it can they give a guide on how much they spent :) Thanks!

• 13 Nov 2012 shananegans said

shananegans

Hey Aussie Lo, I have just booked flights over to LA for the 18th July and am seriously considering booking the Grand Southern tour for departure on the 22/7/13. Did you end up booking? I’m also single female and this will be my second Contiki as well.

• 17 Nov 2012 Danae said

Danae

Hi, im about to book this same tour, i am thinking the 15th or the 22nd.. flying solo on my first contiki :)

• 20 Nov 2012 Aussie Lo said

Aussie Lo

I’m now contemplating doing my own thing… I’m going to be away for the whole of July but want to make sure i can do everything i want to :( I’ve decided to only explore the west cost this trip and then the year after i’ll do the east coast… I’m thinking of Flying into Seattle and then making my way down the coast till San Diego and then doing Vegas and Grand Canyon.. maybe Mexico too ;)

• 9 Jan 2013 David said

Default_avatar

hey!! me and my Girlfiend who is from Karatha originally also, and im from Tassie originally haha are doing the 4th of August. apparently the July end is still quite warm down this that end of the world. Let me knwo what you guys end up booking/booked!!

• 15 Jan 2013 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hi. Me and my girlfriend has just booked this tour. This will be our first contiki tour were both from Australia too

• 18 Feb 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

Mine one is 8th July! Anyone with me??? Single Male from Sydney, Australia! :) Nice to know you guys! I feel so glad you are all from Australia!

• 18 Feb 2013 shananegans said

shananegans

I’ve now booked the 25th July grand southern, bit more time in LA to play :)

• 19 Feb 2013 Lisa said

Lisa

Anyone Heading over middle of August?? Im a single chick from Oz and this will be my 1st contiki also. SUPER EXCITED!!!

• 20 Feb 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Im going July 11 :) From Canberra, Australia – 20 years old (will be 21 by the time I go) hope you all have the best time! this will be my 4th contiki – did 3 last year in europe

• 9 May 2013 dave said

dave

Hi everyone im Dave from NZ im doing the grand southern in August but arive in L.A on the 19th of july and staying on after for 8 weeks. Going to be my first Contiki too cant wait

• 12 May 2013 shananegans said

shananegans

Hey Dave, what do you have planned to see/do in LA before your tour?

• 13 May 2013 dave said

dave

Hey shananagans I don’t really have much planned I’m pretty much winging it. I really want to go to magic mountain, I looked it up on YouTube it looks awesome. Other than that I’m up for anything. If I don’t make it up to San Francisco before the contiki ill go there after but going to see Alkatraz is a must do for me just not sure when ill actually get there

• 18 May 2013 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

I’m doing this tour the 4th July CAN’T WAIT!!! And the best of USA in August :)

• 20 May 2013 slipperz said

slipperz

Hey shananegans, im a female from england, also travelling alone and am booked on to do the Grand southern up to new orleanes, leaving LA on the 25th July, I also wanted to see the west coast so am doing the california highlights starting on the 16th-23rd also.

• 25 May 2013 shananegans said

shananegans

HI Slipperz, that’s awesome, guess you’ll be having a break to rest up after your first tour? Will you be staying at the Doubletree Hotel the night before the Grand Southern? I’m in the midst of doing my planning pre and post tour now and its doing my head in!

• 27 May 2013 slipperz said

slipperz

I tried to book doubletree but contiki don’t have any rooms left. You can get rooms directly through the hotel but they very very expensive. Was maybe going to look for somewhere near by to stay instead, also haven’t sorted it yet tho and yes it’s hard to know what to do!

• 2 Jun 2013 Josh said

Josh

Hey, two mates and I all 22 are heading over on the 23rd july to do the southern adventure first contiki, leaving LA on 25th might see a few of you on this tour, we are staying at the double tree before hand. Have got a few things planned after the tour

• 6 Jun 2013 slipperz said

slipperz

Hey Josh, im doing the california highlights on the 16th july and get to LA on the 23rd, managed to book a room at the double tree so may see you there before southern adventure on the 25th.

• 18 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Hey, I’m doing this tour on the 25th july, staying at the double tree couple days before! :) not too sure what to do after tho… Any suggestions? Have to work out where to book my flight home from.

• 19 Jun 2013 Josh said

Josh

Hey Sarah, How long are you planning on staying after the tour ? Two mates and I are going down to miami then up to vegas for a few more days after the tour. This is my first time over there so can’t really suggest too much.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion