Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone done European Explorer + Greek Island Tour

10 Oct 2012 Jessica asked

Jessica

Hi Guys,

Im in the middle of planning a Contiki in June 2013 and would like some feedback from anyone that has travelled solo on the European Explorer + Greek Island Tour.

What were your favourite places? How were the Hotels? What was the food like? Were the extras very expensive? Did you feel like you got to spend enough time at each destination?

Anyone thinking of going in June 2013?
So excited cant stop thinking about it!

Thanks
Jess xx

• 10 Oct 2012 Casey said

Casey

We’re also doing this tour but at the end of April 2013 so would love to know the answers also!

• 10 Oct 2012 NickisAwesome said

Default_avatar

Hello and Hello

Well I just booked this trip today with a mate who I meet on my contiki tour last year in Europe (winter). Booked the 2nd of June.

In regards to your questions, my last tour I did most of what is on this one apart from Greek Island and Croatia. So your in for a good ride. Hotels are usually pre decent and had on bad experience but was only at that place for one night so it wasnt a huge issue, the hotels are generally within the city centre if not on the outskirts which equates to a cheap taxi ride anyways. 2 days in generally enough depending on how much you wanted to see. I know in Rome i didnt have enough time and ended up rushing on a few things.

Pre excited about this. Cannot come any quicker!

• 14 Oct 2012 DanielleAmy said

DanielleAmy

Im doing this one too but on 30 June next year!

• 15 Oct 2012 Sammi said

Default_avatar

If its European Explorer plus Greek Island Cruising my boyfriend and i are doing it on June 23rd :D

• 21 Oct 2012 DanielleAmy said

DanielleAmy

Nah, My boyfriend and I are doing the European Explorer plus Mykonos Island on 30 June because it is a gaurenteed departure the 23rd isn’t.

• 6 Dec 2012 Bree said

Bree

Hey, I have heard great reviews about this tour, (which is why I picked it). I am leaving on the 30th June. Unfortunately I don’t talk to the people anymore so I can’t find out how expensive the extras are, but i did hear you can pay a certain amount on the cruise and all your drinks are included, this was 2 years ago so may not be entirely accurate now, but can’t wait!!

• 19 Dec 2012 Bree said

Bree

Hi Jess,

I had a look at the prices for the extras on tour and I think they total up to about $1500 AUD for all the extras, this being said there are a couple that you may not be able to do concurrently, plus you may not want to do all of them. I hope this helps

• 27 Dec 2012 Viena Marie said

Viena Marie

We were also planning to do this but probably on May 12, 2013.. is anyone already paid full to get the contiki 10 percent discount?

• 31 Dec 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hi Viena,
    Im doing the tour on May 12 and have fully paid with the discount! Just waiting for it to be confirmed now!!!

• 17 Jan 2013 Katie said

Katie

Hi Jess. I am also looking at doing the European Explorer solo on the 2nd June. Just havent booked it yet :-)

• 23 Jan 2013 Erikajoelle said

Erikajoelle

I’m all booked for the European Explorer on the 16th of June!

• 4 Apr 2013 Kahlia Hislop said

Kahlia Hislop

Hello,

A friend and I are doing the European explorer on the 16th of June and would love to meet some people on our tour before we go!
    What tour dates did you book Jess?

• 4 Apr 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Hi Kahlia,

I have booked The European Explorer with greek islands cruise on the 16th of June !!!!
    Did you book the cruise or the mykonos island ?

If your on the same one have you joined the meet up? More and more people are joining :D

• 4 Apr 2013 Kahlia Hislop said

Kahlia Hislop

We are doing the Mykonos island option.
    We have joined meet up but there are only a couple of people on our one.

• 5 Apr 2013 Erikajoelle said

Erikajoelle

how may people have joined your meetup Kahlia? we have about 14 people on the greek island cruise option :)

• 5 Apr 2013 Kahlia Hislop said

Kahlia Hislop

Hi Erika,
    There is 4 including my friend and I. The other 2 people only joined within the last week so we were getting scared no one else had booked!
    From what I can tell we will all be travelling together and then splitting into 2 groups when we get to Greece. It would be good if there was a meet up for all people doing the European explorer.

• 5 Apr 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Yes it would be a great idea to have a meet up for everyone on the european explorer !

• 5 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Hi Girls,
    Im doing the European Explorer with the Mykonos option (16th June). Im travelling solo and would like keep in contact before our adventure!

• 5 Apr 2013 Erikajoelle said

Erikajoelle

maybe we should make a facebook group so it’s easier to keep in contact?

• 5 Apr 2013 Kahlia Hislop said

Kahlia Hislop

That sounds like a good idea :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.