Community_discussions_small  

Question

anyone doing BEST OF USA 15 July 2013?? Start L.A

11 Oct 2012 Lecii89 asked

Lecii89

Hi all!

I was actually meant to do this tour sept this year, but due to health issues i had to cancel it. :( But im doing it now :) :) :)

Anyway this tour covers the main places that i want to see in USA but i also want to see washington and Mt rushmore.

This tour finishes in new york. So i was planning of travelling from NY to washington for the day or over one night. ive done some research and its less than and only takes 3 hours to go to down by train (less than $100 for a train ticket). After that i have to head back to California to catch my flight back to aus. But i was thinking of stopping in south dakota to see mt rushmore.

IS anyone interested??? Im going by myself, im so excited i cant wait!!

• 14 Oct 2012 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

Hey!! I’m doing this tour!!!

I plan on getting to LA a couple of days early and to spend a couple days after the tour in NYC (also considering doing a day trip down to Washing DC)!! I’m doing the tour on my own as well!!!

• 23 Oct 2012 LouB1322 said

LouB1322

Hey there!!! I have just booked this Contiki, never done one before and this one pretty much covers all the main places I want to see! I would definitely be keen to head down to Washington, maybe we could organise lunch with Obama hahaha what day are you both planning on flying into LA? Dont know wether to fly from Perth ( I would have about 4 stopovers on the way!!!) or fly to say Sydney or Melbourne first and go from there….Just wanting to get a general idea of what you guys are doing….I’m soooo excited!!!!!!

• 24 Oct 2012 david22 said

Default_avatar

sorry but i planed at the start of 2013 to visit LA.

• 24 Oct 2012 Lecii89 said

Lecii89

Hey guys!! Well i had to change the tour til august. Thanks to my job :-\ so i wont be going on this tour anyway… But you guys have fun! Sorry for wasting anyones time :-)

• 25 Oct 2012 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

Im flying into LA on around the 12th of July (Im planning on probably doing Disney world for the two days before the trip – so I can do all the other stuff – like Universal Studios, Tour of Stars Home’s ect.. On the tour, my travel agent said Disney is soo big it will take more than a day to do!!!). I’ll be flying out of Melbourne. I have been looking at Air New Zealand for flights – as their flight prices are the best I can find at the moment – the flight gets into LA around 11am, so there wouldnt be a long wait for check-in into the hotel).

• 25 Oct 2012 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

im doing the best of usa tour in august and i booked with American airline they were quite cheap, if you search bestflights.com.au (or something like that) they have really good flights my air time is actually much less than most cheaper airlines i think i paid 200 more to get less time in the which if you ask me is definitely worth the money… i HATE long flights haha :)

• 12 Nov 2012 samanator said

samanator

rettridge7 I am also on your tour and me and my firend are flying Hawaiin airlines the flights were pretty expensive all round we found. we leave melbourne on the 10th of july and are spending time with family over there before the tour begins. (also thinking of doing dineyland before te tour begins as wel) great minds think alike!!! we cannot wait! going to be so muh fun :-)

• 15 Nov 2012 GarethAppleby said

GarethAppleby

Im doing this tour :) Going to do a few nights down in Miami after the tour aswell if anyone wants to join :D

• 6 Jan 2013 buddyn said

Default_avatar

I’m doing this tour with my sister and friend…we’re getting into LA on the 13th and were going to do disneyland/universal on one of these days. And we’re staying a couple of days later in NY….there’s lots of day trips lasting about 13hrs from NY to Washington DC for around AUD$150 that look great. Excited!!

• 1 Feb 2013 melbells10 said

Default_avatar

Yes!!!! I am with a friend and counting down the mintues to we go : ) we are getting into LA 3 days early and going Disney Land and then staying in New York after the tour and then to Hawii. SOOOOOOOO excited it cant come quick enough

• 8 Feb 2013 rettridge7 said

rettridge7

Awesome samanotor! Cannot wait to meet everyone in person! Just a heads up if your interested in the 9/11 memorial & museum in NYC – you need to book a ticket to go as they only have limited spots for the public to go and see it! I’m planning on booking a ticket because this is deff’s something I want to see! Such a tourist! Haha!

• 24 May 2013 Candice Maree said

Candice Maree

Hello, I am also thinking about doing Best of USA.. The travel agent will confirm tomorrow if there is a spot for me :) EXCITING!!! I am travelling alone from Perth – possibly flying VA 12 July Friday Midnight

• 17 Jul 2013 kaz said

kaz

whoops wrong tour lol

• 1 Aug 2013 chipelz said

chipelz

hey, can I get all ur email addy for the VIP vegas all access club and pool pass. u get all access to pool parties and clubs, no lines, free drinks and VIP entrance. Everyone else on the tour is already doing it. all I need is ur email and I will send u the invoice. party like a rockstar in vegas and so it in style.

• 1 Aug 2013 chipelz said

chipelz

hey, can I get all ur email addy for the VIP vegas all access club and pool pass. u get all access to pool parties and clubs, no lines, free drinks and VIP entrance. Everyone else on the tour is already doing it. all I need is ur email and I will send u the invoice. party like a rockstar in vegas and so it in style.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion