Community_discussions_small  

Comment

OPTIONAL DINNERS

13 Jan 2011 JL said

Default_avatar
Hi. My husband and I are going on the European Encounter tour in September 2011. Is the optional dinners worth it? Specifically the Swiss Fondue Dinner & Folklore Show (Lucerne), the Venetian restaurant (Venice), the Tuscan Evening (Florence) and the Monaco restaurant. I have read mixed reviews, and it's quite expensive
  • 13 Jan 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi JL,

I did the European Encounter in Aug 2010 and did all of the optional dinners. Some were hit and miss. I would do the Swiss dinner because of the atmosphere more than the food and almost all the group went, it was funny and entertaining. The other one that was a definite was the tuscan evening, the entire group went on this one and then off to the disco afterwards. The wine was flowing and the food was awesome. I would find a venice restaurant on my own if I were you, the appetizers were great but it went downhill afterwards. You could find a great restaurant on your own, the same could be said for the Monaco restaurant. If you want to do another optional is the one in paris, I know it is expensive but was well worth it and is the last night with everyone.

Hope that helps,
    Tara

• 13 Jan 2011 JL said

Default_avatar

Thanks Tara. Helps a lot Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jan 2011 Ang said

Default_avatar

Can I suggest saving for all of them if you can, then deciding once you get there and hear the menus etc? It can really depend a lot on the group that you are with anyway – my European Encounter I skipped the Venetian meal, because I didn’t like the menu…those that went enjoyed it, those that didn’t had their own fun. My Italian tour was a smaller group, so most of us went – I honestly couldn’t tell you if the food was any good or not, but I remember it was a hilariously fun night. Ultimately though, it’s up to you – you could strike the restaurant on a good/bad night, you might end up at another restaurant…I know our Lucerne meal got cancelled, so it’s hard to go on recommendations from others. Good luck, and have fun!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion