Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Looking for travel partner to New Zealand 1/23 - 1/28

2 Jan 2008 Explorer1084409 said

Default_avatar
Hello... My name is Margaret and I am thinking of traveling to New Zealand on January 23 - Jan 28. My plans are still tentative as I am waiting to find out if my friend from Australia will be joining me. If I travel on my own I would like to find a travel buddy that can share a room with me. Contiki charges more if you stay in the room by yourself and I'm trying to avoid paying that fee Smiler (You would save that fee as well)

I am 32, cool single female from NYC area who loves to travel and have fun.

Drop me a line if interested. Cheers and happy travels!!!
  • 3 Jan 2008 kazza25 said

Default_avatar

hey margaret. theres an option of quad or triple share in the room charges. both are cheaper than the staying in the room by yourself. as well you will meet so many different people if you triple or quad share, you can chop and change roommates as you wish and bunk with different people. Dont try and look for a travel buddy on here just solely for a roomie. most will post something in general.
    does that help or make no sense?

• 3 Jan 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

If you are looking strictly for someone to travel with might I recommend Rick Steves go to the travelers section. Also www.backpackers.com has a section for that. you won’t find very many if any at all on here. If you don’t mind sharing I’d do 3 ppl its 5% cheaper. The double share isn’t bad and you get paired with someone of the same gender. Unless you really need “Your Space” I’d share a room. Most roomies hang out around the cities together until they meet others on the tours.

• 3 Jan 2008 Explorer1084409 said

Default_avatar

Hello… I was only looking for a roomate since Contiki said that in order to share a room you have to be traveling with that person. I dont mind sharing a room and it would be fun to meet some people. I have never done Contiki before – do I need to pick roomates in advance or do they just assign you?

• 3 Jan 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

They just assign you unless you are traveling with someone you know. You will find that most people don’t even know about the Contiki website, their Travel Agents don’t tells them for some reason.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion