Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern - LA-NY 19 or 23 September 2013

13 Oct 2012 MissKristyJC asked

MissKristyJC

Anyone booked for these tour dates yet???
I will be traveling solo, still to confirm one of the above dates though.

• 25 Oct 2012 Rebecca said

Default_avatar

we have booked 19th of sept :)) soooo excited !!!

• 25 Oct 2012 MissKristyJC said

MissKristyJC

Awesome… Are u traveling solo or with friends?

• 25 Oct 2012 MissKristyJC said

MissKristyJC

Oops sorry just read the ‘we’ part hehe

• 26 Oct 2012 Rebecca said

Default_avatar

lol yep going with a girlfriend form work – we are booking our flights this saturday! apparently september is one of the best times to visit ( thanks google :P) can’t wait to have ribs in taxas!!! yeeeeee-haaaaa!!! :) we are going to go a few days earlier and spend a few nights in LA. We are coming from perth too!!

• 28 Oct 2012 MissKristyJC said

MissKristyJC

cool, someone from home. i am so excited: i will be doing 8 weeks in the US in total. im not as organised as you… yet… hehehe

• 4 Nov 2012 Nikita said

Nikita

hey ! ive also booked the 19th.. travelling solo :)

• 5 Nov 2012 Rebecca said

Default_avatar

Hi Nikita!!!! WELCOME! You have picked the best one because we are are going! where are you from? Have you done contiki before because we haven’t, and we are a little excited!

• 5 Nov 2012 Nikita said

Nikita

originally from the central coast, New South Wales, living in Sydney at the moment! havent done contiki before.. am soooo excited !!

• 6 Nov 2012 Brianna said

Default_avatar

Hey I’ve just booked the 19th as well I’m so excited, I’m from Sydney and I’ve done a contiki in Europe last year it was so much fun and I’m also traveling solo. Is anyone going early or staying afterwards.

• 6 Nov 2012 Nikita said

Nikita

I’m going early.. doing a contiki from New York to LA first through the north then will be in LA for 10 days before this one !! Not sure where I want to go after that :)

• 10 Nov 2012 Rebecca said

Default_avatar

we are looking at leaving aus friday the 13th :S and staying a few extra days in LA yeooww!!!

• 10 Nov 2012 Brianna said

Default_avatar

Cool im heading over a couple of days before not entirely sure when yet haven’t booked any flights and i’m thinking of staying about 2 weeks after.

• 26 Dec 2012 livia said

Default_avatar

hey , i will alone

• 29 Dec 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

OMG you guy’s are going to have the time of your life.. I did this tour October/November this year NYC to LA and it was UNREAL.. Would die to do it all over again.. Have a great time : )

• 10 Jan 2013 Calfucious said

Calfucious

Hi everyone, I am Cal from Canberra and I am travelling on the Southern Adventure tour LA-NO departing from LA on 19 September. This is the same tour as the Grand Southern only we get off at New Orleans. I have set up a facebook group for the Grand Southern and Southern Adventure tours: http://www.facebook.com/groups/311070815677865/

If the link doesn’t work the group name is: Contiki Grand Southern LA-NY and Southern Adventure LA-NO 19 Sept 2013

Is anyone staying at the Contiki hotel (Doubletree Downtown LA) before the tour?

• 10 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

hi all, im kristy and im doing the same tour but the one before yours, one of the girls on my grand southern has done it before but is doing the southern adventure, she has given some great tips on the tour and the optional extras if you want just look up the discussion “grand southern la-ny 5th sept by sallygb”, do have an awesome trip : )

• 2 Jul 2013 bridget said

bridget

im booking the 23 September going solo from australia

• 2 Jul 2013 sheenamariev said

sheenamariev

Hi, I’m Sheena 23 years old from Melbourne. I am thinking of booking 23 September. Will be travelling alone for the first time and at the moment I am still feeling a bit more nervous than excited. Also hoping to stay in New York City for a few more days after the tour. Anyone else doing the same?

• 2 Jul 2013 MissKristyJC said

MissKristyJC

I’m nervous too, but don’t worry you will have 50 new buddies by the end if it :)

• 10 Jul 2013 Tarryn said

Tarryn

Hey, I am also thinking of booking for the 23rd of Sep :) I would also be travelling alone for the first time..sounds like there would be a few of us.
    Man, I am getting nervous just thinking about it haha.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.