Community_discussions_small  

Question

european escapade july 2013

13 Oct 2012 Tom asked

Default_avatar

i booked the 3rd of july european escapade. first time travelling by myself.
so who else is comming?

• 6 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Im doing this one :)

• 10 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

awesomeeee. ill be stayin in london for 3 days before the contiki starts. i really wanna go to the ministry of sound club in london and a few other things. where aboouts are you from? :)

• 11 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Where abouts are you staying in London? Im also staying in London 3 days before the tour, then spending a week there afterwards :) The Ministry of Sound club definitely seems like something worth going to. Im from Brisbane, what about you?

• 11 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar
    im stayin in the royal national hotel. the same hotel we meet up for the contiki. ill be spending 5 days in europe after the contiki but i havnt booked any places to stay in. im from perth. :) . . . so r u travelling by your self aswell?
  • 12 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Oh cool, I think I’m staying at the royal national before as well. Yeah I’m travelling solo, but meeting my dad in London afterwards, pretty nervous but more excited :) Have you been to Europe before?

• 12 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

oh thats cool as. im nervous and excited. never travelled by myself before. nah i havnt been to europe aye, i havent even seen snow before. i cant wait!!!

• 12 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Me either, especially now that everything is booked and paid for! :) it sucks we miss the snow in the Alps, we only get cold weather haha

• 12 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

so r u telling me that we cant go snowboarding or anything like that during the contiki tour.? if your gettin to london early aswell maybe we could meet up and check places out if your interested

• 12 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

I’m not sure, I just thought because its summer it wouldn’t snow? Hopefully I’m wrong :p yeah it be good to meet up before to look around, I have no idea where to start

• 12 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

im pretty sure we will see snow. well i really hope we do. yeah well theres a place in london called ‘kew gardens’ and its full of different types of plants and trees from around the world and that kinda thing would really interest me. i plan on goin there so if u wanna come that would be cool. the annual ministry of sound club is apperently a semi famous place to go in london and i love nightclubbin. theres a train that runs underground to all the different places in london. theres one place called camden town and thats all about loud music, facial peircings and tattoos. alot of auzzie pubs in there aswell so we should get along with everyone lol

• 13 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Camden seems interesting lol the pubs would be definitely be good. Ministry of Sound would be pretty cool to go to as well for the nightlife sort of thing. There’s a free walking tour called the yellow brick I think, I wouldn’t mind doing that. I’m really wanting to see all the major tourists attractions as well but will most likely do these in the week I’m there after the tour – I’m a bit of a Harry potter nerd so I’m really looking forward to that tour :)

• 13 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

hahaha sounds good. maybe if u come to camden with me ill go to the yellow brick with ya? lol i think its just safer to travel with atleast one other person. after the contiki i got 4 or 5 days i europe. im using them days to go somewhere which i really enjoyed wen i was on the contiki i have a feeling ill go back to switzerland to go snowboarding or maybe go to france to go to the euro disney land. fuck yeahhhhhh

now im even more excited.

• 13 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Aw euro Disneyland would be so much fun! Haha. I definitely wouldn’t go to Camden alone, but think it would be interesting to see none the less so I wouldn’t mind going :) the countries I like most will be my excuse to travel again, I’m already planning my next trip, I think I’d like to do the Greek islands next time, partying there for my 21st would be memorable haha. I’m getting pretty excited now, I booked in August and fly out in June, so it really doesn’t seem that far away now! :)

• 27 Jan 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

yeahhh well ill be arriving in london on the 30th june. stayin in the same hotel where we meet up for the contiki basement. greek islands sounds awesome!!!. its not too far away now. :)

• 30 Jan 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

I get in to London on the 30th as well, also staying at the RN haha, only 5 months left, so excited :)

• 24 Feb 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

cool. well it will be awesome to meet u in person, and say ‘remember that tom guy u spoke to online…. that was meeeee’ hahaha

• 11 Mar 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Hahah yeah it’ll be pretty cool meeting up on the other side of the world, not long to go now! :)

• 21 Apr 2013 Tom said

Default_avatar

omgggggg nearly 8 weeks untill i leave, yeowwww

• 23 Apr 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Wow that is so close, time has gone so fast haha. I’m just finalising things to do before and after the tour, so excited! Are you spending much time in Europe before/after the tour?

• 23 Apr 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Sorry I just read further up that you are spending time there afterwards :p the only thing I’m not looking forward to is the flights oh and packing haha.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.