Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Escapade June 27th 2013

14 Oct 2012 nursetabs asked

nursetabs

Hi All,
My brother and I have just paid the deposit for the European Escapade tour leaving on June 27th 2013! Anyone else coming yet? Also if you have done this tour before, any tips and hints you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.
The count down has begun, bring on 2013!

• 19 Jan 2013 nursetabs said

nursetabs

We are doing a second Contiki tour of Russia which leaves 3 days after this tour finishes. What about yourself?

• 19 Jan 2013 hollienash said

Default_avatar

Oh New Zealand? That’s awesome! This tour was my Christmas present so I’ve only been planning this trip since late December. I’m wondering how much money I’ll need and what I should pack. I’m hoping to stay in Europe a little longer to go to Tomorrowland on the 26th!! Our tour ends July 23rd so it would be a shame to be in Europe, that close to the festival and not go!

• 19 Jan 2013 hollienash said

Default_avatar

Anyone know if Contiki sends some sort of introduction or welcome package in the mail when you book your trip ??

• 20 Jan 2013 courtneyevans91 said

courtneyevans91

The 23rd? When I booked they said it was ending on the 22nd? I hadn’t actually heard of tomorrowland, but just googled it and it sounds awesome! I’ve been wondering about money as well but if you read all the conversations on this website there is some good advice from people.

• 20 Jan 2013 nursetabs said

nursetabs

I think we get a welcome package like a month before the tour from what I remember from my last tour

• 20 Jan 2013 hollienash said

Default_avatar

Ohh ok, thanks for the info guys! It probably do end the 22nd, I must have mixed the dates up. But yeah, Tomorrowland is supposed to be awesome! If you’re thinking about getting tickets you gotta pre-register by February 7 I’m pretty sure! Like I said before, I don’t think I’ll have a better chance than this summer to go to the festival! Which country are you most excited about visiting?

courtneyevans91

I think I’ll look into it. Ooo that’s a hard one actually, I’m looking forward to so many of them for different reasons, it’s the perfect tour with the places we get to go. I’m spending a few days in Singapore and London before the tour so that will be nice, and then a bit more of London after the tour. I’m also really looking forward to Germany and Austria since my family is from there and I did German at college. What about you?

nursetabs

I thought the tour went til the 23rd as well??? Maybe Im wrong too lol. Im starting the tour in Paris so really looking forward to France but also Spain. What about you?

courtneyevans91

Hmm my paperwork from the travel agent says the 22nd, maybe I should check into that lol.

nursetabs

Lol well now that you have said that I’ve checked my paperwork and it says the 21st! Well I got that wrong

courtneyevans91

Lol but you are definitely leaving on the 27th?

nursetabs

Yep definitely on the 27th, got that bit right lol :)

• 21 Jan 2013 hollienash said

Default_avatar

I’m looking forward to visiting London, I’ve heard it’s a beautiful city! I’m planning on going there a few days before the tour starts to explore a little bit. I’m also really excited about visiting Spain and Rome! I can’t wait to hear all the different accents, lol :) You’re going to Russia as well? that sounds like fun! Have either of you guys actually “checked in” to this tour yet? My passport expired so I’m just waiting for my new one to be issued so I can finish the registration process.

• 21 Jan 2013 nursetabs said

nursetabs

Nah havent checked in yet, will probably do it before we fly out. We are starting the tour in Paris because we really wanted to see more there. Ive been to London before and really liked it, lots to see and do :)

• 21 Jan 2013 courtneyevans91 said

courtneyevans91

I can’t wait to do it all :-) . I wish we got the welcome packs earlier than one month before leaving, what does checking into the tour mean?

• 21 Jan 2013 nursetabs said

nursetabs

I think maybe it saves time on the check in stuff you would do on your first day, like giving all your details ie next of kin, passort number etc

• 31 Jan 2013 EllaBee_55 said

EllaBee_55

Hey all! Ju

EllaBee_55

Hey all! Just wanted to ask that if anyone has to cancel their tour that starts on June 27th, could they please let me know? I’m dying to go with my friend Hollie, and it’s all full at the moment. :(
    Thanks so much!

EllaBee_55

Hey all! Just wanted to ask that if anyone has to cancel their tour that starts on June 27th, could they please let me know? I’m dying to go with my friend Hollie, and it’s all full at the moment. :(
    Thanks so much!

EllaBee_55

Hahaha, my computer sucks, it posted too many times. Sorry!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.