Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Commonwealth travellers cash cards

4 May 2008 travella AHC said

Default_avatar
Hi, just wondering if anyone has used these cards whilst in the U.S and Europe? And if it was easy getting money out, finding atm etc.

thanks
  • 5 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I know these as Cash Passports and I’ve used both in UK, Europe, Singapore and the States. Atm’s are every where in the states and I never had a problem using my card. A tip though don’t just get $100 out at a time or you will pay a $5 fee every time. Try and budget what you need for a few days and get that out and hide it in a hotel safe or in your locked suitcase. Also be aware they don’t always give you a balance slip so you need to keep track of how much money you have in it. Having said that I think these cards are a gr8 way to take o/s money but make sure you have a credit card or another atm card incase something goes wrong.

Hope this helps.

If anyone else needs travel advice email me mysterygirl01@hotmail.com

cheers
    lisa

• 6 May 2008 travella AHC said

Default_avatar

thanks Lisa! Yeh, plan on having the good old c/card as back up and a bit of cash in my AUS account also. Just didnt want to load up the cards in foreign currency with my entire savings, then get there and for some reason, they dont work!! That’s my biggest fear! = ]

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion