Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA - NY September 5th 2013

14 Oct 2012 SallyGB asked

SallyGB

Recently booked this tour and will be travelling solo, would be great to hear from anyone else going. :)

• 4 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

I took $4000 with me and I ran out just before the end of the trip but then again I did do the majority of the optionals and brought some clothes so I guess it depends on what you’re wanting to do x

• 5 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

oh good, yeah i thought some places would be cheaper than others, im not a huge souvenir person unless i really want it or its one of those things you can only get over there. im going to try and budget really well as im doing 2 tours back to back. i did 2 europe tours with 3 girls i work with and most of the others were solo or a couple but we all got on really well on the first tour, but the second tour wasnt as nice tour group, very like we were back in school but you get that. i just think you all there for the same reason to see the country and have a good time, there is no need for people to be nasty, i know not everyone will get on like best buddies but still everyone is on HOLIDAY!

• 5 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

I was lucky because we had a great tour group, everyone got along with everyone and just stayed together on nights out and things. I know what you mean though, the whole point of going on contiki is to just have fun and see some cool things, not to act immature and bitchy. Life is too short!!. Hopefully our tour group will be a good one x

• 5 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

Sally do you have facebook?

• 5 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

Hey! We have a facebook group page now:

www.facebook.com/groups/430512330356011

This page is for everyone going on the Contiki Grand Southern or Southern Adventure from 5th September 2013 or doing the Eastern Discovery and getting on the coach at New Orleans from 17th September because its all the same coach! Invite people to join :)

• 6 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

So do i alexis,im sure we will, a few friends have done the tours and said their groups were.

• 9 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

Alexis are you always roomed with one other person or its different in certain places?

• 9 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

Youll normally always be roomed with one other person unless you went for a single room… at new orleans when some people get off the tour and new ones join the people whose room mates left the tour got new ones (if that makes sense!) but some people got lucky and just ended up with a single room to themselves after that… i guess it just depends. Are you going to be sharing with your friend? x

• 10 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

i do have a mate coming on this tour, she was originally going at another time with her then partner but now coming with me, her names katherine, i might room with her a the start but not fussed really, she does sleep talk though haha.

• 10 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

oh right, it just on my grand northern there is a chance im doing it with katherine and 2 others mates and i wasnt sure whether you share with 1 other person or its sometimes 4 ppl in a room or 3 etc etc, your answer did make sense btw, did you have any problems with bed bugs any where? i know weird question but i know of people coming across them whilst on tour, not so much in the states but in europe.

• 10 Jan 2013 SallyGB said

SallyGB

On my first contiki we had 3-4 in a room and we could change each time we arrived at a different place but on my 2nd contiki it was 2 to a room and we had the same person. As for bedbugs i didn’t come across any. X

• 11 Jan 2013 megieb said

megieb

Hi Sally, Alexis and Kristy. My name’s Megan, I’m from Sydney, myself & my sister will be booking this weekend for the Grand Southern starting in LA on 5th September 2013 :) This is our first time travelling so we are a bit nervous but so excited!!! I’m currently 20 but will be turning 21 in May, so I will be quite keen to party when I’m over there haha. Can’t wait to meet you all!

• 11 Jan 2013 SallyGB said

SallyGB

Hi megan nice to hear from you, look forward to meeting you and your sister. Don’t be nervous you will have a blast! Alexis has made a fb group so feel free to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/430512330356011

• 11 Jan 2013 Alexis said

Default_avatar

On the tour last time some guy was rooming with a guy that snored really loud so he mentioned it to the tour manager and they put him in his own single room! Ha. I don’t mind who I share with though, it’s always good to meet new people! You’ll never be ina room with more than one person either. As for bed bugs there weren’t any at all… All of the hotels were really nice and clean and some were amazing, like in Vegas and New Orleans. i wasnt expecting them to be as good as they were!

Hey Megan :) nice to meet you, if you want to party youve definitely chosen the right now because there’s plenty of it! Lol. It’s going to be amazing, so excited! You should join the Facebook page, there’s quite a few of us on it now x

megieb

Awesome thanks I have just joined the Facebook group :)

megieb

Awesome I added myself and my sister to the Facebook group :)

• 11 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

Hi megan nice to meet you, i have travelled abit so feel free to ask any questions. Im the same alexis il share with anyone. Do hope they dont snore thou haha

• 11 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

Also yay for no bed bugs!!

• 15 Jan 2013 nursekaff said

nursekaff

Hi all I’m kath I’m travelling with Kristy. Super excited and can’t wait to meet all of you :)

• 15 Jan 2013 nursekaff said

nursekaff

Thanks for sharing the sleep talking Kristy no one will wanna room with me hahaha

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.