Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Inspiration (Winter) February 9 2013

16 Oct 2012 Andy asked

Andy

Hey guys,

Just seeing who else is doing the European Inspiration on Feb 9 in 2013.My name is Andy, I'm 23, this is my first contiki and I'll be travelling solo. I'd love to get to know anybody else who is doing the Euro Inspiration trip and if anybody has any hints or tips :)

• 28 Oct 2012 Tpullin said

Tpullin

Hey, Im not doing that tour but I have been to Europe. Layers are a must, the weather can be pretty temperamental around then. Also if you are looking for souvenirs, don’t shop at main tourist spots, they tend to be a rip off. You get the most authentic and reasonably priced things a bit off track if your willing to explore. Allocate some money that you do not touch unless its an emergency, I got lost and that money saved my trip from being ruined. I hope you have a lovely time :)

• 28 Oct 2012 Tpullin said

Tpullin

oh and how could I forget, even learning the basics can really help, I got to find some secret places only locals know by learning some Italian :D

• 29 Oct 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hey Tpullin! Thanks for the helpful advice :) I know a little bit of Italian from what I learnt back at school haha. Is there anything you recommend I make sure to see on the tour or anything I should avoid/ not worry about seeing?

• 29 Oct 2012 Tpullin said

Tpullin

It will come in handy I’m sure :) I know it seems a bit obvious, but they do have unmarked taxi’s..no matter if you are totally lost just don’t get in one. The costumed gladiators outside the Colosseum are amusing but have a hidden fee that they don’t tell you about until you have had your photo taken, they get quite aggravated if you didn’t realise/are not willing to fork out the cash. I noted at all the museums I went to across Europe if you have a tripod be warned the guards will ask you not to use it. If it is your first time there isn’t anything I suggest sightseeing wise not to see. Everything is an experience and should be made the most of, like the extras on the trip some of them may be expensive but they really make the trip fantastic, bar the paid dinners I found it more exciting to go dinner hunting haha

• 30 Oct 2012 Andy said

Andy

Haha I’ve experienced similar in the states with people dressed up in costumes offering to take pictures with you then want money. I’ll be going portable and just using my iPhone with a European sim so I can use google maps and take pictures. I’ve budgeted quite a bit so I’ll make sure I do all the optionals. haha I have heard the paid dinners are pretty average, I’m a big fan of walking along side streets and finding something there.

• 30 Oct 2012 Tpullin said

Tpullin

Yeah, I made the mistake of taking my DSLR, derp haha. Awesome, Im sure you will have a fantastic time. I decided to go on this trip in Novermber 2013, will have to have an update if its worth it.Same, you never know what might be hiding just one street back.

• 31 Oct 2012 Andy said

Andy

Haha no doubt I’ll be able to have a bit of information I could pass on to you for your trip :)

• 5 Nov 2012 DanielleB said

Default_avatar

Im doing this contiki tour also!
    Im also traveling solo and this will be my first contiki trip , but not my first time traveling. It should be fun! My only tip would be to pack warm clothes!

• 5 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi Danielle :)
    Good to meet another person going on this trip. It’s always nice to meet another solo traveler haha. Where are you travelling from? Yeah I plan on bringing a big winter coat, I imagine it’ll be freezing, but I really hope it snows. You should join out meet up page, there’s quite a few people talking on there :)

• 18 Nov 2012 Laura said

Laura

Hi I am also doing this tour!!
    Also travelling own my own. First time to uk/europe but will be my 2nd contiki!!!

• 19 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi Laura, welcome aboard :)
    Where did you go for your first contiki trip? :)

• 19 Nov 2012 Laura said

Laura

Hi Andy, thanks!!!
    First contiki was in the USA for 5 weeks!!! had an amazing group and tour manager so hope this trip will be the same!!

• 26 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Wow, 5 weeks! I hope so too, I’m sure the trip will be great :)

• 29 Nov 2012 SammyMay said

SammyMay

Is this trip (Febuary 9th) alreay full? I cant seem to find it on the calender..

• 29 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi Sammy :)
    I just checked online, the Feb 9th tour is still available, and it’s a definite departure :)

Here’s the link to the European Inspiration (Winter) page, it should show up in the February Calender: http://www.contiki.com/destinations/europe/tours/121-european-inspiration-winter

Here’s the link to the booking page if you’re interested (it’s a bit long sorry):
    https://book.contiki.com/BookingWizard/Overview.aspx?utma=1.1588908776.1352685353.1354150177.1354171383.56&utmb=1.13.9.1354171461950&utmc=1&utmx=-&utmz=1.1353474737.47.6.utmcsr%3dgoogle%7cutmccn%3d(organic)%7cutmcmd%3dorganic%7cutmctr%3dcontiki+amsterdam+sex+show&utmv=1.au.contiki.com&__utmk=197852335

• 29 Nov 2012 SammyMay said

SammyMay

Hey Andy
    Thanks for all your help, its weird tho but on my laptop when I bring up the calender from the link you sent me I still cant see Feb 9th… It only has Feb 7th.. I think ill contact Contiki to see if they can help me

• 29 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi Sammy,
    I forgot to account for the additional 2 days for North Americans. It will show up on your website as the 7th but it’s the same trip :)

• 6 Dec 2012 Jade&Pip said

Jade&Pip

Hey guys,
    I am also on this trip, YAY! Nice to ‘meet’ you all – or it will be in a couple months haha.
    Andy, I am intersted in this iPhone with a euro sim! I have an iPhone but figured it best to leave it at home? How easy is it to do what you’re doing?

Jade&Pip

Hey Everyone,
    I am going on this trip too, YAY!
    Andy, how can I join the meet up page?

Jade&Pip

Woops – didn’t realise the first msg sent!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion