Last Minute Packing Questions for Euro Panorama!!
20 Jun 2008 ap1029 said
I'm getting set to go on my first Contiki (European Panorama June - Aug!!) and have a few last min packing questions:
1. Trying to organize my stuff into 3 bags: (A) 1 backpack (aka luggage) for under the bus, (B) 1 small duffel bag (overnight bag) for overhead on the bus (my tour requires an overnight bag for short Greece and Switzerland stays) and (C) a small shoulder/handbag (aka purse) to carry around outside during the day. Does this seem to be the general system? If it came down to it (i.e. if there was some kind of issue with having 3 pieces), my purse is small enough to fit in my overnight duffel bag. Just wondering if this sounds OK...
2. I heard there are power outlets for charging on all of the buses...is this true?? Even if it's only 4 outlets like I've read, that's fine, just wondering if this is a guarantee on the bus.
3. I'm planning on bringing just a standard black pair of flipflops and a pair of runners as far as shoes go. Will I absolutely NEED to bring a pair of dressy shoes as well? (I'm female.) Are there that many dressy excursions or do you think the flipflops could suffice with a nice outfit?
4. The way my backpack (the luggage one) is set up, it doesn't really allow for locking (aka it's a drawstring close, not zipper). I've read a story or two about hotel rooms being robbed. What are the chances of this happening?? Do I have the option of leaving my luggage bag on the bus and just bringing my overhead/duffel bag into the hotel for the night??
5. Laundry! What kind of options/opportunities can I expect?
Thanks for all your help on these Q's!!
- 0 people like this
- Add to discussion 2 comments so far
20 Jun 2008 marissa2112 said
I’m doing the Euro Whirl in August- will safety be an issue at Contiki special stopovers and other Budget tour accommodations? Should I purchase luggage locks? Please let me know! Thanks, everyone!
- 0 people like this
Want to respond to this comment? You need to be signed in as a Contiki.com Community member first.