Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand tours... What's your advice?

18 Oct 2012 lozen89 asked

lozen89

Hey everyone! So looking through the tours and I can't decide on what your to go on! I'm thinking the grand adventure! Does anyone have any tips or people who have been on New Zealand contikis? I not long got back from doing contiki in America! I did two back to back! Was away for 5 weeks! I'm excited to be going somewhere and meeting lots more people!

• 19 Oct 2012 ldodsy said

ldodsy

Hey there I am heading off on my second Contiki NZ trip in a few months, I did my first one back when I was 18 and did the north Island now heading off to do the south island 11 almost 12 years later, better than never I guess.
    I loved the trip I did back then and was kicking myself that I did not do the the two island trips, our tour met up with a tour who had just done the south island and they all said it was fantastic I made some life long friends out of it and most of them are laughing that it has taken me this long to get back to NZ.
    I would recommend that you do both islands and make sure you go to the bay of islands up north, they were amazing! So yes go with the tour that does both and have a blast on it! You will meet a range of people as some people join at different points and others leave.

• 10 Nov 2012 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

I say do the longest one. the smaller tours are just part of the big ones. Saying goodbye to your friends as they continue on is really hard.

• 23 Jan 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

The Shorter ones are the worse ones to do.Just as you get to know everyone and make new friends It’s hard to say goodbye as they continue on their journey.I did it the Hard Way when I went to New Zealand last July I was 34 Years and 7 Months of age which made it even harder knowing that in a few months I won’t be able to go anymore.Do a long one if you can.Don’t make the same mistake I did due to time limitations because of work.I am lucky my sadness of not being able to join a bunch of 18 to 35 year olds on a Coach Tour hasn’t yet got to needing a shrink or medical professional to help me out because I know for the next four years or end of December 2016 I can do Top Deck Instead which is much the same but a smaller group.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion