Community_discussions_small  

Question

Which Airlines?

9 Jan 2008 msstuckie asked

msstuckie
Can anyone give me some suggestions as to which airlines I should consider when flying to egypt. I'm flying from the U.S.

Thanks
  • 9 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

Consider EgyptAir if you can go from NYC – that way it’s a direct flight to cairo.

• 9 Jan 2008 Ryan said

Default_avatar

EgyptAir is your only nonstop option, until June when Delta starts flying New York to Cairo.

I’ve heard so-so things about EgyptAir. I’m taking British Airways through London only because I’m using mileage points. If I were you I’d pick a direct, or a flight through Europe (I’d go with Amsterdam since it’s a really nice and easy to navigate airport).

• 9 Jan 2008 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

I’m going with Iberia via Madrid. It was a really good price

• 11 Jan 2008 Pip said

Default_avatar

Hi all,
    l flew from Sydney-Singapore-Cairo with Singapore airlines-without doubt one of the best airlines. They definately get my tick of approval.

• 15 Jan 2008 joyfulgirljen said

Default_avatar

when i went last summer, we flew united/luftansa via Frankfurt. I think it was a decent deal… plus i wanted the united miles. LA – Egypt = almost 20,000 skymiles!

• 17 Jan 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I flew from JFK/NYC with Alitalia with a stopover in Milan. No problems, all the flights were the good. the food was ok, the entertainment system (on the international flight) was great. I would fly them again.

• 22 Jan 2008 msstuckie said

msstuckie

Thank You everyone:-)

• 23 Jan 2008 Jamie Mccollough said

Default_avatar

I’m flying American Airlines/British Airlines via London. London is a great option because there are a number of flights from London to Cairo, in the unlikely event that there is a problem with the original flight (i.e. canceled, or delayed).

I’ve heard there Iberia has some really great fares from the US, connecting through Madrid.

• 31 Jan 2008 JohnnyK said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

Im an Aussie going on the tour that starts on the 15th March with my partner. I am flying from London to Cairo and it will cost 1K (AUD) return. Anyone know of any cheaper flights?

Cheers

John

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.