Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West (Jan 23rd) Who's Going?

23 Oct 2012 Noe4rmAustin asked

Default_avatar

Hi! This is my fist Contiki tour. I'm 28f from Austin, Tx, USA and I'm so excited! Wanted to see who else was signed up, I'm going alone and would love to get to know people before the trip. I also want some advice on what to pack from people that have done this tour before in January. Thanks :)

• 26 Oct 2012 andrea said

Default_avatar

Hey there! So nice to see a post from someone touring at the same time! I am 22f from Calgary, AB, Canada and just booked the Thai Island Hopper West for January 23! This is also my first Contiki tour and I am super excited. I will be doing a different tour in Thailand at the beginning of January and will be finishing my trip with this Island Hopper and cannot wait:). I am also in the same boat and am unsure as to what i should be bringing… I do know that I will be bringing my 55L backpack given that i will in Thailand for a month in total.
    - Andrea

• 26 Oct 2012 Noe4rmAustin said

Default_avatar

Hi Andrea, nice to meet you! My name is Noe by the way (rhymes with Joey). So what tour are you starting out doing? So cool your gonna be able to experience a lot since your doing 2 tours! I’ve been researching about Thailand culture/dress codes and I’m hoping someone that has been to this part of thailand can help. I don’t want to offend anyone with my clothing but I know it’s going to be HOT lol. I actually read that if you wear short shorts, tank tops, or anything that shows skin when your not directly on the beach is offensive to the thai people. Can anyone chime in on this that has been there?

• 19 Nov 2012 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Hi….
    Im also going on the Thai Island Hopper West on January 23rd with a friend. We are both 18 and from the UK. I have no idea what to pack as we are going to numerous other countries as well..?!!!
    So excited :)
    Jess

• 23 Nov 2012 andrea said

Default_avatar

Hello again Noe! Im starting out with a 17 day tour (not a contiki one) that begins in Bangkok and heads down to Phuket. Im not 100% on the dress codes but i do plan to bring loose clothing (loose capri-like shorts, longer skirts, something that can cover my shoulders). Im also bringing a few tank tops and shorts but am hoping to pack minimally as friends have advised me to buy tank tops etc when i am there if need be.

Hello Jess! Nice to meet you:) Im also not too sure as to what to bring as i am also doing some additional traveling! Going to bring one or two casual dresses that are easy to pack in addition to a couple of other things. Im wondering about footwear though—are you ladies just bringing flip-flips? Runners?

• 23 Nov 2012 Mezz said

Mezz

Hey guys!!!
    Im also doing this tour, im 25 from sydney. this will be my 4th contiki (5th tour overall as i did one with topdeck). All u first timers are in for a awesome time contiki’s are amazing hence me doing yet another. im doing another tour after this one in feb. in terms of what to pack my biggest tip is to not bring anything too valuable as there is always a chance that things can go walkabouts (its never happened to me bit other tour mates it has) and if you can choose backpack over suitcase. its just easier
    Cant wait to meet you all
    mez

• 24 Nov 2012 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Hi Mez and Andrea,
    Glad to hear that contiki are so good!! I definetely think i will be buying some clothes out there as im travelling for 3 months, so i can’t take lots of stuff!! Have you got any other good advice for what to take??
    Looking forward to meeting everyone
    Jess

• 14 Dec 2012 tessiebear1313 said

tessiebear1313

hey everyone, im going on this trip to, pretty excited (particuarly for the elephant ride) i will have just turned 18 a few days before the trip and have just finished school. is anyone staying longer after the trips over, i’m doing that for a little more r+r and to get some clothes made ect.

• 17 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

Hey I am in Phuket 19th Jan – 10th Feb x

• 27 Dec 2012 Jo said

Jo

Hi guys! I’m also doing this tour, first time Contikier and travelling alone, too. I’m 23/ f and from Adelaide, Australia. I’m in Phuket for three nights after the end of the tour, was wondering if anyone else was planning on staying on in Phuket after the tour finishes?
    Looking forward to meeting you all : )
    Jo.

• 28 Dec 2012 tessiebear1313 said

tessiebear1313

Hey I’m from Adelaide to! :D I’m staying I’m Phuket until 7th of feb after the trip. Also there a day before coz of travel times and flights ect. Are you there the night before to?

• 28 Dec 2012 Jo said

Jo

Hey, woo! Another Adelaidean! : ) Yeah, I’m staying in Phuket the night before too. Are you staying at the same hotel the tour starts at?

• 28 Dec 2012 tessiebear1313 said

tessiebear1313

Yea I am :) there’s some other people on the tour doing the same thing to so we should all catch up for some drinks that night… My thoughts anyway haha.

• 28 Dec 2012 Stuey said

Stuey

Hey guys, i’m 19 from Sydney in Australia and i’m also gunna be on this tour. First contiki and time overseas without parents so gettin heaps keen now. I’m travelling with 5 others (1 guy, 4 girls) also and we’ll all be at the sawadii the night before the tour and 4 of us are staying on for another week afterwards as well. I can garantee i’ll be down at the hotel bar at some point the night before the tour so keen to meet up with anyone that wants to join. Lookin forward to meeting you all.

• 28 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

Hey guys I’m doing this tour 2nd-10th February but I am staying in phuket at nomads hostel chalong beach from 19th jan-26th jan if anybody wants to meet up in phuket I’m trying to make contacts before leaving :) x

• 4 Jan 2013 Jo said

Jo

Agreed- we definitely should do drinks the night before! Haha..Yeah, sounds like a lot of people will be at the Sawadii before the tour starts which will be awesome. Pre-tour party!!! Have to work out a way to keep in contact before the tour for it to be easier for people to meet up or whatever, do most of you have FB? Not long now!!! : )

• 14 Jan 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Getting so excited now – looking forward to meeting everyone!

• 31 Dec 2013 carl dane said

Default_avatar

man i am so stoked……meeting new people, i land the 17th jan and fly back the 12th feb…..thai hooper west 18th – 26th, asian adventure 29th to 11th feb, i am from Cape Town South Africa

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion