Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
Contiki Tour Manager Tips
I'm trying to secure a role with Contiki as Tour Manager - Europe, and thought I'd see what qualities and attributes contikiers thought were either good or bad in their tour managers? :)
Also, if there's anyone employees/past staff out there, any hints on how to nail the interview would be appreciated? ;)
- 1 response so far
Hi I’m sure you have probably already done your interview but I’ve done a few contikis and the qualities I have found are:
- don’t show favouritism – make an effort to learn everyone’s name and take the time to talk to them – not just the loud or pretty ones.
- don’t make promises you don’t intend to keep – eg. our tour manager got us to write a lymric and he put it together for us on the last night he said he was going to put it up on our facebook page but 2 & 1/2 years later never did
- taking time to really explain whats going on – just because everyone nods doesn’t mean they fully understand.
- dressing up
- mascots on the front of the bus
- discuss safety eg. italy/spain
overall I’ve had good tour managers but it’s always after the tour when i’ve had time to actually sit down and process my holiday that I can see it a bit more clearly
- don’t hook up with clients in front of others – don’t say your single when your not
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.