Community_discussions_small  

Question

Rio Carnival Interests??

26 Oct 2012 Cas-norwest asked

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!!
I'm Casey, 19 fom AUS :) I'm planning on doing the Rio Carnival trip in Feb, any one else thinking about it? Or has anyone been before and how'd you find it?
It looks like so much fun! Probably going to do another trip once Carnival is finished aswell, though recovery time will probably be needed :)
Cheers

• 30 Oct 2012 Pania said

Pania

Heeyyy,

Im Pania, I signed up for this trip today, I really want to experience a carnival and didnt want to do it on my own so decided to do it through Contiki. Im realllly really excited. Im from NZ.

Chur

• 31 Oct 2012 ddoneil said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I’m D, from Canada :)
    I am sooooo hoping I can go this year!! It looks absolutely fantastic. I have traveled alone before, but I really want to book with Contiki and meet some people.

Cheers!
    D

• 31 Oct 2012 Pania said

Pania

Thats awesome!!!! should consider it, itl be kool. Hope we get heaps of kool people on the tour..lol

• 1 Nov 2012 Cas-norwest said

Default_avatar

Ahh cool! Have you guys been to South America before? 6 days isn’t goint to be long enough so I’m thinking of heading to Peru afterwards.. But Carnival should be loads of fun, I’m travelling solo aswell!

• 2 Nov 2012 Pania said

Pania

thats awesome cas. are you doing the rio trip too?? il be coming from the peru trip so should be fun. carnival will be the last thing i do before i leave south america. i cant wait. everyone says its something to do while your young. so before i get old i want to tick this off my bucket list.

• 7 Nov 2012 ddoneil said

Default_avatar

I wanted to go this February, but it’s during my niece’s first birthday. I want to go next time though!

• 8 Nov 2012 Hollie said

Hollie

Hi everyone! I’m really considering doing this trip in the new year.
    I’m desperate to travel to South America but would be hopeless without a tour group.
    Would love to hear people’s past experiences with Rio Carnival (or South America in general). I’m from Australia too. Oh and I’d also be doing the trip solo! :)

• 5 Feb 2013 Pania said

Pania

Hay has anyone noticed that the itinerary says that we are going to the parade on the third day. But according to carnival there is no show on at the sambadrome on the 12th. The shows are only on the 10th and 11th. Also has anyone received itinerary about what time to be at hotel?

• 10 Feb 2013 Pania said

Pania

Contiki hasnt srnt me any details about where i am saposed to be vhecking in tommorow. Can someone please email me at panianewton@yahoo.co.nz just got back from blokos and need to know where im going tomoro.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.