Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin to Budapest-Berlin,Prague,Vienna-Dec 7 2012

27 Oct 2012 diana said

diana

I just booked my Berlin to Budapest trip. Anyone else going on the Dec 7/8 2012 trip? I can't wait to see the beauty of these cities combined with the XMAS season. It's gonna be awesome.

• 30 Oct 2012 Sophie said

Sophie

Hi Diana,
    I’m also going on this trip! (for the berlin-prague part) I’m a first timer to contiki but have already done a fair bit of travel through Europe. I’ve been to Budapest before and can assure you that it is AWESOME! Such a fun city, great night life, and I loved the thermal baths too. I’ve heard Vienna has the most beautiful Christmas markets, and like you I am also looking forward to seeing these cities with all the Christmas lights, markets etc! Trying to mentally prepare myself for the chilly weather though- it’s going to be quite a shock coming from the middle of summer in Australia! :p
    See you on contiki!

• 4 Nov 2012 diana said

diana

My initial draw to this tour was Vienna and Prague, but after reading up and discussing with friends a bit more, Budapest is also way up there. I hear it feels a lot more like a foreign county compared to many of the others in Central Europe.

I gotta be honest, I’m going to feel a little bad for you Australians and those from warmer areas. I expect the weather will be pretty much the same there as it will be here in Canada in December. On the plus side, it’s an excuse to shop for warm clothes while there.

• 4 Nov 2012 Kaiowas said

Default_avatar

Sounds awesome im doing similar one in May next year. let me know how it goes!

• 8 Nov 2012 Alvin said

Alvin

I will be coming from Ontario, Canada, and I am really looking forward to escaping Canada’s winter … with winter in Europe. Kidding aside, I’m sure the scenery would be very different though, which is what I’m looking forward to. I did Contiki European Magic Tour in 2010, and I look forward to seeing more of Eastern Europe this time.

Are you all travelling with other people, or are you solo? I’ll likely be coming in solo!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.