Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 25th August 2013

30 Oct 2012 Katie asked

Katie

Just wondering how many people have booked this tour so far?

• 27 Dec 2012 victoria89 said

victoria89

Hey hun, I’m looking at booking the tour next week, just deciding on what date in Aug to go.
    :-) I’m from Melbourne

• 27 Dec 2012 Katie said

Katie

Hi Victoria there’s 7 of us so far that have joined the meetup for this tour. So there’s a few now, and were a guaranteed departure, you should pick ours :)

victoria89

Awesome! Is that the Greek island option? I think I’ll go for that date :-) I’m so excited!!

• 27 Dec 2012 Katie said

Katie

Yep greek islands :) me too. Are you going solo?

victoria89

Yea going solo at this stage :-) how about you?

• 27 Dec 2012 Katie said

Katie

Yep solo aswell I think everyone else I’ve talked to has been solo aswell :)

• 21 Feb 2013 Kolli91 said

Kolli91

I am deciding on the 18th, 21st or the 25th! The 21st is the cheaper one atm so I think I’m heading more in that direction! torn! haha

• 21 Feb 2013 Katie said

Katie

I went with the 25th cos it was a definite departure, are those dates definite aswell?

• 12 Jul 2013 PaulM said

Default_avatar

I’ve seen a few topics for other tour dates but nothing for the 25th august date except for this topic. Not long to go now… Getting excited!!!

• 12 Jul 2013 Katie said

Katie

I created it when there was no-one in my meet up Paul, haha just trying to gather other people for our tour, there’s a Facebook group aswell, we only have nine members and so far we haven’t been to talkative haha.

• 12 Jul 2013 PaulM said

Default_avatar

ok cool i havent seen the facebook group yet but thats probably coz Im doing the egypt option… our meetup sounds about as exciting as yours so far lol

• 12 Jul 2013 Katie said

Katie

Haha the Facebook group doesn’t specify wether it’s Greek islands or Egypt!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/226857207447402/

There’s the link if you wanted to advertise it on your meet up and then everyone could gather on the one page :)

• 12 Jul 2013 PaulM said

Default_avatar

awesome I just sent a request to join! ill post it on the egypt meetup… yeah i dont know why they have separate meetups considering we’ll all be on the same bus. oh well i guess that what facebook is for!

• 31 Jul 2013 dgalpern said

Default_avatar

I do not recommend touring with this company. I traveled on the European Escape trip for June 24-July 19th. I originally booked this tour after talking to Ethan Juarez on the phone in the month of March 2013. I was told my tour manager (Jay Wedge) would give me the highlights of each city, take me to all the places listed on the itinerary, give a walking tour of each city, and would be at each location at least for 2 hours to have the opportunity to site see and would have guidance for places to site see . In addition I was also told most of my day would spend with the group and would be given only a few hours to site see. On the contrary my experience was completely the opposite of what I was told on the phone. I have listed some bullet points of the highlights that impacted my trip in a negative manner. Please see the bullet points below: Pros: • Tour guides that were hired in Italy were insightful • Me optionals were great! Cons: • These are the places that are listed on the itinerary that I was not taken to by my tour manager: ( In Paris: Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Elysees, and Notre Dame Cathedral, In Barcelona: Olympic Games- In Florence: Piazza Navona, Munich: Glockenspiel & Marienplatz, In Lucerne: wooden chapel bridge, In Swiss Alphs to Rhine Valley: Heideberg’s medieval castle, Lorelei Rock In Amsterdam: the gables houses by night. I was only shown these places on the bus, no walking tour was provided). I was taken to the “Tower of Pisa,” and was only given 10 minutes to see the tower. • Evaluation of Tour Manager: Jay Wedge was my tour manager for the entire trip. I feel I was not given any guidance as to places to visit in each city. When I asked him for guidance he was rushy to answer my questions and would not take the time to answer all of my questions and provide me with his insight. He also made verbal comments that did not make me feel comfortable and made me feel my questions were not valuable. Some of his comments were “are you serious,” with other questions he also would laugh when answering my questions. My tour manager also did not treat us equally. He was more attentive to the people who were there to party and was not helpful to people that were interested in sightseeing. During the nights when our group would go out with our tour manager he would heavily drink with the majority of the group who was interested in drinking. He heavily encouraged drinking over sightseeing. My experience was strongly impacted by my tour manager’s attitude and lack of guidance.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion